loads for 7mm and 300 win mag

peppy1hunting

I'm pretty new to the long range thing. I would like to shoot berger bullets or at least try them but not familiar with any reloading data from berger. Was wondering if any one could tell me where to look for info. Which powders seem to work best and which grain size for each calibur- would like to develope loads for elk and mule deer. Thanks

The type of powder that you use, is dependant on the weight of the bullet that you want to shoot.

If you can tell me what bullet that you want to shoot, I can suggest a few powders. Or, tell me what powder you have on hand, and I'll look up a few bullets that will work good with that powder.

was looking at 168 gr berger fore the 7mm and 190 gr for 300 win mag. Have Reloader 19 and 22 on hand. Used the 19 on 7mm with 160 gr Triple shock and seemed to work quite well.

My book shows 59.5 - 64.3 grains of R19 or 62.3 - 64.6 grains of R22 for the 168 grain bullet.

I shoot the 162 Amax in my 7 mag and it loves the H1000. I was using WC872 in it last weekend. 80 grains fills the case and pushes the Amax right at 3050 fps in my rifle. I was shooting a brake disk at 800 yards and scaring the hell out of a few 1,000 yard Jackrabbits.

Retumbo looks like it will work great with this bullet as well. But the winds picked up before I got it out to try.

I've never loaded for the 300 WM but my book calls for the 190 grain HPBT MK to take 65.1 - 71.8 of R19 or 65.8 - 72.7 of the R22

thanks for the info- will give them a try. When weather clears a bit I'll get out a do a little shooting and let you know what I find. Thanks

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, i feed my trg42 in 300win mag with sierra match kings (spitzer boat tail) in 200grs, thrown by 66.7gr ADI2209, and cci magnum primers.

grouping around 4" at 500m

kinda upsets the benchresters....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts