300 win mag loads

Looks like H4831 or H1000 really is the best bet 180grain and up. Thanks everyone for some of their load data, excited to dig into it once I get my hands on some of those powders and its not so cold!

Looks like H4831 or H1000 really is the best bet 180grain and up. Thanks everyone for some of their load data, excited to dig into it once I get my hands on some of those powders and its not so cold!
My most accurate loads in the .300 Win Mag, used to be using RL22. I had a 200 grain Accubond load with Retumbo that shot pretty nicely as well.

My most accurate loads in the .300 Win Mag, used to be using RL22. I had a 200 grain Accubond load with Retumbo that shot pretty nicely as well.
I do plan on getting a pound of RL-22 to try. Just heard good things of the Hodgdon extreme powders for temp swings. Ill be doing most of my load development in spring/summer. Come deer season it could be 0 degrees!

Try the H-1000 with LRM primers and just the 212 gr SST. Having pretty good luck with them!
Maybe someday. At present I'm not fixing what ain't broke haha.

a compressed load of imr 8133, fed 215m, 225 hornady eld m hex boron nitride treated, 2760 FPS or so, legit one hole groups at times. Took my deer with it this year. Drt.

Maybe someday. At present I'm not fixing what ain't broke haha.

a compressed load of imr 8133, fed 215m, 225 hornady eld m hex boron nitride treated, 2760 FPS or so, legit one hole groups at times. Took my deer with it this year. Drt.
I have a bunch of 225's that have been HBN coated as well. Wasn't sure what it was exactly. Makes me wonder if I load uncoated bullets if my ES of 9 will go away, and get larger.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.