300 win mag loads

I've been run the 175 lrx with rl22 in my 300 win mag I'm getting 3150 FPS and 3/4" groups. I also developed a load with a 200 gr eldx and h1000 was getting 1/2" groups at 200 yds and 2950 FPS. California decided I had to with the lrx
California is a special state, not in a good way. I used to be proud to be from MN, rather embarrassing now, gone down hill as of late.

i picked up a box of 175 lrx the other day but I'm still stuck with just H4350, once I can find some H4831 or H1000 I'll be working up some loads. Too **** cold here to shoot right now anyway.

I reload for several friends that shoot 168 TTSX's over 78 grains of RL22...shoots flat and penetrates well, even on elk (in their experience) out to 4-500 yards. My personal favorite .300 win mag load is a 180 gr. Nosler BT or Accubond over 79 grains of H1000. It's listed as a "most accurate load" in Nosler's manual, and I've found it to shoot sub-moa in almost every .300 wm I've tried it in.

I reload for several friends that shoot 168 TTSX's over 78 grains of RL22...shoots flat and penetrates well, even on elk (in their experience) out to 4-500 yards. My personal favorite .300 win mag load is a 180 gr. Nosler BT or Accubond over 79 grains of H1000. It's listed as a "most accurate load" in Nosler's manual, and I've found it to shoot sub-moa in almost every .300 wm I've tried it in.
I was looking going down to 168 even. Looks like I need to get a wide range of bullets and a lot of range time to hone this gun in! I was considering a 280AI or really wanted a 7mm but being a lefty limits availability, for factory rifles at least. On a normal year you can find 300wm anywhere though, main reason to stick with the common caliber!

I like Retumbo and H1000 (AR2225 & AR2217), 81 grains of Retumbo under a 212gr ELDX provides 3020fps. I find H1000 to be excellent and easier to read through the development process however is about 100fps slower. COAL = 3.615" and is compressed but safe in my Rem700 (1:10) at 30 degrees Celcius. CCI Magnum primer however it doesn't get that cold in Australia. 190/200gr bullets I go with H1000, under 190gr bullets I go with a 30-06, 270 or 25-06. Just to note, at 600 meters that 212gr ELDX hits with approx. 2140fps and 2120ft/lbs.

California is a special state, not in a good way. I used to be proud to be from MN, rather embarrassing now, gone down hill as of late.

i picked up a box of 175 lrx the other day but I'm still stuck with just H4350, once I can find some H4831 or H1000 I'll be working up some loads. Too **** cold here to shoot right now anyway.
One of our members had 1000 for sale 2 days ago. Alot of interest in it though

I purchased a lefty Savage 110 Timberline in 300WM and will be doing some load development for it (first time reloader) and just joined the local gun club so will be able to shoot out to 600 whenever I please! Anyway, I have a Browning x-bolt that is a tack driver but i cannot come to terms with chopping the barrel to thread for suppressor, it's too pretty the way it is. Will be finding a new home for the x-bolt.

I'll be looking at reloading 170-190 grains as it will be used for open country deer hunting and hopefully elk someday. I have a lot of H4350, has anyone used this for 300WM with success or is H4831 really the ticket for this bullet weight? Primers and H4831 are the two things I cant find.
Chop the barrel ? Why would they shorten it? All they do is add threads on the outside of it.

The x-bolt hunter is a 26" pencil barrel. Pretty skinny at the end. There isn't enough depth to thread 5/8-24, to achieve that they'd have to chop it down to get enough barrel thickness.
The guys at Thunderbeast have solution that doesn't involve chopping the barrel. They did my ULW Weatherby. Might check it out.

The guys at Thunderbeast have solution that doesn't involve chopping the barrel. They did my ULW Weatherby. Might check it out

thank for you for info! If the savage shoots well I'll still be selling it and let someone else do what they please. I don't hunt/shoot enough to justify 2 300wm's.

Hey just noticing this thread. 300 win is my favourite cartridge at the moment, also shooting a savage 111.

4350 works great with light bullets but light bullets are kind of crippling the round's ability and also in my experience aren't as accurate out
A 10 twist at magnum velocities. That being said I got exactly what Noslers data said to expect with IMR 4350 and 150s, an honest 3400 FPS.

but the most accurate bullets for me have been 208 Hpbts 220 round nose (yep) and 225 eld m. And 4350 would not be very suitable for these.

Hey just noticing this thread. 300 win is my favourite cartridge at the moment, also shooting a savage 111.

4350 works great with light bullets but light bullets are kind of crippling the round's ability and also in my experience aren't as accurate out
A 10 twist at magnum velocities. That being said I got exactly what Noslers data said to expect with IMR 4350 and 150s, an honest 3400 FPS.

but the most accurate bullets for me have been 208 Hpbts 220 round nose (yep) and 225 eld m. And 4350 would not be very suitable for these.
Try the H-1000 with LRM primers and just the 212 gr SST. Having pretty good luck with them!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.