Loading the 180 Accubond in the .300 RUM- Fav. Powders?

Troutslayer

I have had trouble finding charts that are inclusive of powders like Retumbo for the 180 Accubond in the .300 RUM. Being new to reloading I don't want to stray from published data. Is this the powder I should be looking towards? I am looking for all weather long range consistency. What else should I try powder-wise?

Have had the best luck with RL-25 with the 180 AB's. Both my 300 RUM's loved RL-25, espescially with the 180 AB's. Both shot 1/4 MOA regularly with that combo. I say regularly because it wasnt always 1/4 minute. Still, even the bad groups were good groups. Good velocity to boot. I didnt find it to be nearly as temp sensitive as some claim either. Actually, it was pretty minimal.

I have used all the powders mentioned and they all worked well,i also found h4831 very accurate with accubonds in my sendero,fps was down a little compared to RL25 & H1000.

I'll throw in here to use Fed 215s with the slower powders. I've seen drastic velocity spreads with CCI 250s combined with RL 25 that went away using the 215s. I also got a velocity gain of nearly 50 fps (no pressure signs) to go along with the change of primers and (obviously) the groups were better.
Coyoter

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.