Little Balls in My Bergers

jraulsten

Not a big deal but I have loaded thousands of 140 Bergers and never seen anything like this in a box. Just curious as to what they are and how they got there. Don't look or feel like lead.....
20180324_122345.jpg

That's probably tumbling media used in conjunction with something else (Maybe ceramic) to polish the bullets.

J E CUSTOM
Thanks! Learn something new every day. Not being all that familiar with the bullet manufacturing process, I didn't have a clue what it could be.

Disregarding how goofy the title of this thread sounds,
I've had the same little balls in a box of Bergara. They look like a match to the Berger jackets, I assumed they were copper droplets that snuck through from the swaging process(or however Berger makes their bullets) and made it into the plastic container.

Disregarding how goofy the title of this thread sounds,
I've had the same little balls in a box of Bergara. They look like a match to the Berger jackets, I assumed they were copper droplets that snuck through from the swaging process(or however Berger makes their bullets) and made it into the plastic container.
Hard to tell in the picture, but they are bright silver in color.....Sorry about the title. Retired Navy guys are easily amused.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts