Leveling my action opinions

Bar Stock Measurement for Remington 700 action.

8" long
.439 thick
.853 wide

Hope this helps!

They're coming guys be patient. I'm trying to get information on the different sized actions etc. to make a one-size-fits-all most application. I'm not positive how to do the multi lug raceways but I'm looking into it and I'm also trying to get the best material for us, they're on the way. Be patient :D

A small USPS flat rate box is 8 1/2" on the outside, and will take a bit longer on the angle.

Set a Click-and-Ship account with USPS and you can send them out for $5.15 each anywhere in the US of A.

Ok fits the following
Rem 700 all actions
Win 70 LA haven't tried SA push feed , I think it'll fit the CRF's too
Savage LA, haven't tried SA
Ruger LA, haven't tried

I am fairly certain that it will fit the short action of the above, but I'm not positive yet. if you have a different action pm me, we'll talk about it. I'll have a price nailed down tomorrow I think it will be really reasonable and I think it's a good idea to do, the below pictures show why. If you level your actions this is a great way to do it! Slides in nice and smooth works excellent for many different guns if you don't level your action you don't have to get one, not asking you to. On the Ruger the bolt stop holds it up a little bit, you kind of have to reach in and hold the level onto the raceways. As you can see in the pictures it also extends past your scope so it makes it pretty easy to level.

I think you could take a square and put it on to the material hold it so it extends vertically in line with your scope eyepiece and level your cross-hair to that Square. In theory it should work as long as you hold the action level while squaring. At least in my head :rolleyes:

A small USPS flat rate box is 8 1/2" on the outside, and will take a bit longer on the angle.

Set a Click-and-Ship account with USPS and you can send them out for $5.15 each anywhere in the US of A.

Done and done, we'll utilize USPS flat rate shipping.

Also the final variation will have the corners knocked off.

You still didn't answer my question.
What are you aligning the raceway to?
What if the stock is rotated under your plumb raceway?
What if your plumb raceway puts cant in the action-base interface?

I agree with bruce, about what matters when rubber hits the road. And I realize action level in itself matters little, -unless the shooting system is dependent on this.
An example of such a system would be a BR stock riding bags on forearm and buttstock flats.
Here, you need the stock plumb because that's where it will head with recoil, and a bit before the bullet leaves the barrel. You want the action aligned well with this stock level in any way practical toward achieving plumb scope elevation(even more important) also.

So I would think you would first make efforts to level a BR stock, and while in this condition, level the action ring-base interface -while the bedding sets.

Who cares about the bolt raceway itself? It doesn't affect shooting.

I don't 'get it' either. Seems like much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Ok, final price is $47 TYD Level is not included. I prefer a USPS money order, I can take paypal but would prefer MO. Each will fit the mentioned actions, if you have a question on your actions specifically, let me know. We put each one on a granite plate to check before shipping. Note the rifle below the action is level while the scope base is not. Also we're going to make one out of brass that should come in $10 more

If you interested email or pm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Here's some pics from today working on a savage long-range hunter. In the one looking through the scope I used a plumbline to verify everything. I'm quite confident in the setup now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts