Leupold, Zeiss?

Invicta39

I am wanting a high mag scope that that will tollerate lots of turret turning. I am looking at the 6.5-20X50 MK4 loopie or the 6.5-20X50 Zeiss,or will consider anything else similar. S&B is out of my price range before you suggest it Peter. Does anyone have any input on these two, or others that might work? Thanks, GB.

The scope with which I have the most experience turning turrets are the IOR tactical's. I have cranked up and down many times a day on PD hunts with complete reliability and return to zero. I have two Zeiss scopes. The optics are better than the Lupy, IMO, but I have not turned turrets enough yet to offer a qualified opinion.

Shot through the chrono at ten feet, then dialed in to shoot a mile, then every range inbetween to check the dials on my several Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50 LRT's. No change. Been shooting long range and dialing in my scopes for 10 years and have never worn out or had to send back a Leupold. They work. Those clicks just keep clicking. And to my eye, the Leupolds are brighter and offer more contrast than the Ziess. Both are good though. If I had a Ziess on a gun, I wouldn't rip it off to put a Leupold on it, but if I were going to buy a new scope for my long range rifle I'd get the Loopy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got the Leupold 6.5x20x50LRT and 4.5X14x50LRT so far haven't had any problems. I've got afew other Leupold with target knobs and never had any problems with those they bring you back. Both type of scopes track real good. I don't own a Zeiss so cann't comment.

Invicta39. what is your price range buddy? maybe i can help out on the S&B. if you are re4aly restricted on what you can spend, take a look at the zeiss conquest.
Pete

I have both. A Zeiss on my 257 Weatherby and just put a 8.5x25x50 30mm on my big 30 ONLY because I was able to get a hell of deal on it or there would be another 6.5x20x50 Ziess on it. I did have 6.5x20x40 on it. (4Sale) IMO, the Zeiss is brighter, crisper to my older eyes and it does have a better range for the eyepiece to focus, the Leupold I have to put on my glasses that I do not wear all the time other than reading or computer work. The tracking is flawless on either. The Zeiss knobs I think are better, easier to read.

Been doin enough turret twisting on my 4.5-14 Zeiss Conquest the past week to offer a more educated opinion. Tracking seems to be on a par with the IOR; accurate and repeatable. I also sat with a 4-12 Swaro side by side with my Ziess at the bench saturday. With both set at 12X, I could discern no difference in optical qualtiy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts