Zeiss or Leupold

lefty15

Which one would you guys buy? Which one would have clearer optics?

Leupold vx-111 4.5 x 14 x 50mm

or

Zeiss conquest 4.5 x 14 x 50mm

When I had to make that choice 4 years ago I went with the Zeiss, still have no regrets.

That said not everybodys eyes are the same, I looked through the 6.5x20 VX3 and 6.5x20 Conquest side by side and the Zeiss was clearer to me by a noticable amount, others don't notice any difference, and still others prefer the Leupy.

Best thing you can do is look through both and let your eyes decide.

Chris

Mine will soon be Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Buddy bought one and I like his so Im gonna get one. theopticzone.com $589

I've had both. Was a Leupy man, went to Zeiss. Now I'm back to the Leupies!! I'd go w/the Leupy if it were me. Just personal preference. Can't really give you a good reason other than unsurpassed customer service and the 30mm tube.

I am going to be using this scope for Moose, Elk, Whitetail & Mule deer. The ranges that I shoot at are 100-500yards. I hunt open country as well a forest.

I am a professional guide here in Wyoming. I think either one will work good for you.. I would suggest to take them both out side by side in same conditions and see which one your eye likes.

I see a lot of guys going with Zeiss anymore. I would say 3-12 or 4-12 x 50 would be best choice. You don't want to big of power for timber hunting elk, whitetail and moose.

I have to many hunters show up with 8- whatever scopes and they don't work except in the open at greater distances.

I like the Zeiss conquest 4.5-15x50 myself. It has a greater MOA adjustment than leupold. IMHO.

Good luck

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Zeiss conquest 4.5-15x50 myself. It has a greater MOA adjustment than leupold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you go w/the LR 30mm tubed Leupy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.