Zeiss vs. Leupold

We have and they have been very good. We were waiting for a scope that we returned because the lens has a hair line crack in it. The were out of stock on them and the customer service lady said that she would look into it. The next day she call and said that the she would talk to her boss and see what they could do. Two days later, we received a brand new scope overnighted to us. I give them a thumbs up.

Zeiss scopes are very good "BUT" in my opinion not twice as good as the Leupold at
half the price,

The new Leupold VX 111 4.5x14x50 LR BC 30mm
has got to be finest scope I have ever used
with 98%light transmision and side range focuss.

If your looking at the Leupold get the 30mm
tube with side focuss

$700 Leupold or $1300 Zeiss?

If your still not sure find a dealer with both brands and do a comparson as I have
and then deside.
tongue.gif

All my opinions are subjective. I have used a Leupold 4.5X14X50 for several years without complaint. At the time, it cost me $400. Been a while.

This past summer, I bought a 4.5X14X44 Conquest, in what they call SS, a silver finish. I think it was $680?

I'm not a huge owner, a few Euros, one Burris, one old Redfield that won't give up, and the rest are all Leupolds.

I think I prefer this new Conquest over the comparable Leupold, and that is a little like saying I'm thinking of voting Democratic. (no way) But, the fact is, I have been a loyal Leupold user for about forty years.

What's this world coming to? LB

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.