leupold rangefinder

filatiev 2

Can anyone tell me about the Leupold RX2.I had one I gave back and I have 2 friends that did the same. I would range several items and it would only range a couple. I bought a new leica from Bill Bailey and ranged the exact same things at the same time. It ranged everything. We took out my friends and the same thing happened. Are we doing something wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me about the Leupold RX2.I had one I gave back and I have 2 friends that did the same. I would range several items and it would only range a couple. I bought a new leica from Bill Bailey and ranged the exact same things at the same time. It ranged everything. We took out my friends and the same thing happened. Are we doing something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go here:

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...rt=all&vc=1

Last spring at a P-Dog shot in Montana, a friend and I from Idaho joined with 3 friends of mine from Michigan who all work at Jay's Sporting Goods. Their boss had given them the new Leupold and the new Bushnell to try out on their P-Dog hunt. Their was quite a difference between the two brands and the Bushnell was clearly the winner. We didn't have any ranging problems with either of them, but the Bushnell had much better optics and was cheaper. Two of the guys ended up buying the Bushnells. I recently purchased one of Leupold's Sequoia spotting scope and it was a joke. It was made in China and I suspect the range finder was also a China product. I send the Leupold back and got a Bushnell Elite, it is beautiful. Leupold's Chinese product don't have quality that their rifle scopes are famous for.

Pandhandlepr

What range were you shooting at?
My experience was that 800 yards was about the max the Bushnell would do in flat sage brush country with sunshine.

The P-Dog towns we were shooting in weren't all that large so we probably in the neighborhood of 500 yards. You're right about the 800 yard limit of the Bushnell and you can't range what you can't see and that was the problem with the Luepold. It was only clear in the center and cloudy on the edges. Had to be very careful when picking a mound for ranging. Very sad.

Panhandlepr

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.