Leupold Custom Shop update

Holycity73

Spoke to a rep at Leupold yesterday about replacing a reticle and turret on an existing scope. Sadly, I was informed that their custom shop is closed and not reopening in the foreseeable future. I was assured that it would come back in some capacity, but the management has no plans to do so anytime soon.

Although I'm disappointed with the outcome of my query, I was pleasantly surprised at how short my hold time was. Rep asked how the scope was performing and if I had any other products that I was concerned about. Not at all dismissive like some other companies.
Overall; typical friendly staff, polite and helpful.

Leupold is poorly managed, and won't survive (even from gov't contracts) another decade.
It's what our education system has done to the world..
And I'm sure most keystone product companies in America are on their way out, right now.
I'm hardly a diehard fan and was a hater for years. Their mark 5hd is a fantastic scope. I doubt they are doomed. They have some good products.

So , will it impact the dial up turret ? I am contemplating getting a dial for my old scope , never have had one , was always afraid to ask the elk to , wait right there while I range you and change my dial.

Ranging an animal and dialing takes a few seconds. If I'm missing some sarcasm or whatever forgive me. There is hunting past 300 yards. Use the tools we have if you know what you are doing. Not trying to derail the thread.

Ranging an animal and dialing takes a few seconds. If I'm missing some sarcasm or whatever forgive me. There is hunting past 300 yards. Use the tools we have if you know what you are doing. Not trying to derail the thread.
Hey we are thinking two different things.
I was serious about getting a dialup turret, two years ago I took my leupold off and put on a vortex , can't get used to it so going back too old scope and want to try dial.
Old scope has duplex with two dots and top of post , so I had it sighted in for 0-300 cross hairs, 400 first dot , 500 second dot and 600 top of post.
Sorry if you thought I just shoot and look for dust and correct.

Fair enough. My bad I apologize. I would highly suggest one if you want to stretch it out. BDC's are great till you go to a new environment because environmentals change depending on weather and elevation. Dialing and taking into account your environment will make you much more efficient vs relying on a fixed reticle.

I just sent a 6 x 42 in that I had a CDS dial put on years ago. They said they needed to replace with a new 6 x 42. I asked them if it would have the CDS dial and they said they could install one. I don't know if they do that through the custom shop but they're doing it for me for warranty. But they did get back to me pretty quick on it customer service still seems to be good. it's the first Leopold scope out of the 50 or so I've owned that's had a problem.