Leupold Custom Shop

Bud Meadows

I sent my Vari-X III in 4.5X14X40 to the Custom Shop to have them install a target turret and a custom BDC with my ballistics for my .308 load. The BDC arrived this week, but no scope and no target turret mounted. I'm not impressed so far. Anyone else have any dealings with the Leupold Custom Shop??

I've always had a fast turn around time (usually less than a week) from the custom shop. I'd call them and ask what is up. They are great to talk to and have a good handle on repair status. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Bud!
Please post the outcome of this as I like to hear the "rest of the story".Many reasons for this ,i.e. When a post is made that is negative about the experience at first ,I se that sometimes the deal works out positively but it,s never reported so everyone is left with a cloud hanging over the product / service /company that is undeserved. Anyway , hope this works out good for you. Jim

Jimm: The scope and target turret arrived yesterday. Now I need to take it all out to the range and see if it actually works as advertised. I'll post the results.

How did you order the BDC knob? How far out will they mark the knob? Sounds like what Kenton Industries does? Thanks

Boman: If you go to the Leupold website, look under the Custom Shop. The order form is in there. I just gave them all the ballistic info for my .308 (165 grain Sierra GameKing, BC= .409, MV= 2550 FPS, etc. and the drops from 100 yards all the way out to 1000 yards. The BDC is then custom inscribed from 100 yards to 1000 yards with increments in between.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.