lets see some LR rifle pics!

Len,
Those are some really nice looking rifles!
I was wondering about the balance with those long heavy barrels. Did you have to add any weight to the butt end to get them to balance properly?
TIA,
Wayne

Here's mine. Between the two, I think I'm covered. Top is a 338 LM. Sako TRG-S action, nickle plated, Pac-Nor 27" barrel, S1 brake, detatchable mag, Nightforce NSX 5.5-22. Bottom is Sniper's Hide rifle from GA Precision in .308 with Nightforce NSX 3.5-15. Both have McMillan A-5's.
null
199105.jpg

JB

The barrel length is 32 inches on both. The all black rifle is a 7mm Dakota and the other is my new 7/338 Lapua. Bullets for both are the Cauterucio 176, VLD.

That sounds like a hell of a flat combo. Hows velocities compare from the 7 Dak to the 7 Lapua?

What kind of barrel?

How much up to get on at 1K 18-20MOA?

thanx,

JB

Let's try it this way:

108_0861.jpg

O.K., that worked! Nice rifle!

[ 07-13-2004: Message edited by: Crispin Goodall ]

kac1345,

The just after the word 'Precision' has to be highlighted to get the image. You have an incomplete link. On long links, scroll down a line or two then insert the link to the image. All I did was copy the link complete, test it on another site then came back here to post it.

I like the rifle. How about some details?

Best.

Sorry about that guys I thought I posted the Specs...Guess I was in a hurry..here they are

G.A. Precision Rock
22" Fluted Mike Rock Barrel # 7
A5 Stock
Jewel Trigger
SSG Bolt Mod
Badger 20 Min Base
Badger 30mm Rings
Badger Bottom Metal
Action is Clip Slotted
Pillar Bedded in Marine tex
NightForce NXS 5.5x22x50 NP-R2 Retical
Custom 3 tone Camo on all Metal By George

I just finished rebarreling this 30/06 Springfield, 27 inch, 1 in 10 inch twist, turn neck chamber with Lapua brass, Douglas XX premium #7 Contour Chrome Moly barrel, Remington 700 action, action faced and threads trued, bolt face squared. Leupold 4.5 x 14 adjustable objective tactical scope on Leupold 20 MOA long distance base with Leupold Tapered Target Turrets part #501 BT from PremierReticles.com. Safari Sling from Cabelas makes for and easy carry. Leather squeeze bag made from a Protektor owl ear front window bag from Midway. Camelback Hydration system and Snipers Cheeckrest from www.Shomertech.com. Intended prey Feral Pigs to 500 yards with 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Bullets. There are some pictures of the stock inletting work in my
Journal
rifle.jpg

[ 07-29-2004: Message edited by: John Stranahan ]

Hey there - I'm new to this site... glad to have found it. Anyways, here is my bang stick - it's a trued Remington 700 action mated to a 26" 1/9 twist Shilen Select Match grade pipe that was chambered for .300 Win Mag. It had been glass bedded to a McMillian A4 stock. The truing, chambering and bedding was done by Col. Billy Stevens, a bench rester. The finish on the barrel and receiver was done by myself... as was the fluting on the barrel. I think that by fluting the barrel after coating it, it gives the barrel a unique look.

On top of the receiver sits a Near Mfg. 25 MOA base; the base and receiver were tapped for #8 torx screws because I've found that the #6's are horribly inadequate. I've got PRI rings and a Horus Vision scope. This wetup is so sturdy that when one of my co-workers knocked it off of a table and onto the thinly carpeted concrete, it dented the bell of the scope as the full weight of the rifle came down on top, however, the zero only shifted about 1/2 inch.

I use this setup for work, along with Federal match 190 gr rounds. Using my own loads, however, this thing is so wickedly accurate, most of my collegues just can't believe it. I'm working on building something else... stay tuned!
Fluted%20and%20Ported%20Stevens%20300%20Flutes.jpg

Stevens%20300%20combatcoated%20rifle.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.