lets see some LR rifle pics!

mypic32.jpg

Built by Shane Clancy in Australia
.338 Edge with a Sendero SF II as the donor rifle.
Action trued and bolt sleeved.
30" Lilja Barrel
Clancy Brake
D.E. Adjustable cheek piece, ACI/ADI with level.
NightForce 20MOA rail and Steel rings.
NightForce 5.5-22x56 NXS scope with R1 reticle.

mypic33.jpg

My son's new rifle.
Tikka Stainless Laminate T3 in .338WM.
Clearidge 2.5-12.5x42 Ultra XP5 scope. Mil Dot reticle.
EGW rail, Leupold 30mm rings.
Quite light- about 8lb all up.

What Krieger contour is that? What diameter does the barrel start out at and what is the muzzle diameter?

Custom contour, 1 in 10 twist.

Details from Krieger (everything in inches):

Breech Dia: 1.25
Breech Length: 5
Blank Length: 29
Muzzle Dia: .875

jb

Topshot, nice camera work, handsome rigs. The terrain looks like it could be any number of places in the U.S.-woods/open fields & rolling hills but, I see your from Australia. Never been there, hope to go, Ive seen many a documentary filmed there-beautiful and unique. Were the pics taken there?

Topshot:

30" Lilja Barrel
Clancy Brake

Is that the 30 inch barrel + the brake? What's the OAL on your rifle?

Chas,

The photo's were taken on the lawn, just out my back door. I live on a farm and from the spot where the rifle is sitting I shoot down the back yard to a steel gong set up at 440 yards. It is very handy for practise when ever I feel the need.
You can see from the photo that it is a bit warmer here than it is over there in the U.S. at the monent! Although we can hunt all year round, I have finished hunting for the year due to the heat and snakes, so I am doing some load developement work in readyness for next year.

Mrlinsky,
Yes, 30" barrel plus the Clancy brake screwed onto the end.
The brake is similar to the Sako TRG type brake and works very well. The .338 Edge kicks a heck of a lot less than the Tikka .338WM in the other photo.
The OAL of the rifle is just a tad under 52 inches. This is handy as it just fits into a 52" gun case.

Topshot, 440 yard gong in your backyard...sweet. Ya I hear the snakes can be pretty bad there. Thanks for sharing.

Here's some pics of my 30-375 Ruger.

It sends 240SMK's at 2925fps.

for comparison the 6x47L is on left 30-375Ruger middle and 375Cheytac on right.

DSC00025.jpg
DSC00027.jpg
DSC00028.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
Steve, great rig and excellent pictures. I especially like the cartridge comparison. Thanks for posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.