Leoupold mark 4 8.5x25 50mm horus reticle h371

TCFELK2

THINKING OF PUTTING THIS ON A 6.5 CREEDMORE...CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE PROS & CONS OF THIS HORUS RETICLE...FOR SOME RANGE TARGET SHOOTING...THANKSgun)

I have a Bushnell XRS in H37. The reticle is not centered, it is 4 mil up. This means that when you are at full zero, the crosshairs are near to the top of the field of view. This allows for more use of the grid, however what you end up with is almost a complete blocking out the field of view. My thinking is that I would never use my bushnell at 30 power, due to the fact that I could not see anything. However, at 15 power, I think the reticle would be ideal for long-range shooting, and that you can both see your target and use the Horace features.

thanks for the input...for the bench shooting i want to do i may not need such a higher magnification of the scope, and maybe something in the 4 to 5 power range may be a better way to go...gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.