The Horus reticle scope system

1170 yard farthest to update with 243 winchester, wish the range finder went over 1200 yards.

I had to calculate the load with my own bc in the G7 model. G1 was way off and the G7 stated bc from berger was .249, around .35 was more accurate for the 95vld.

I am using the H25 and it is busy!!! But its perfect for me.

Just use the main grid with the following formula.

height (or width) of target (in yards) multiplied by 1,000, divided by height (or width) of target in mils. on grid = Range (in yards)

12" target= .33 Yds
Reads .2 Mil.

.33 X 1000 / .2 =1650 Yds.

You need to know or estimate the size of your target, and takes a good eye on the grid.

Bill

Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Plus the .35 bc in G7 for the 95vld is impossible. That is like .7 bc for the regular G1 model.

I did do a bit of further research on the system and I must say I was impressed. But, I have had two issues to deal with over here.
Firstly, I think there are restrictions in Oz about ownership.
And, secondly, there is the small problem of the cost. Generally, anything out of the States has to be almost doubled. So it does become expensive.
Having said that, I did manage to buy a Nightforce recently and instead of the MilDot, thought I would try the Minute of Angle job which seems to be giving good results.
I am easily pleased, and at this level it's even easier.
Just remember though, I don't get the luxury of that second shot. If the first one misses, generally go home !
Cheers,

Pete.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.