Horus Vison Scope System

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dewatts, Apr 5, 2007.

1. dewatts

dewatts New Member

I am currently shooting a Rem 700 Sendero in.308 with a Milett Gold Mark 4-16 by 56 and it has proven to be an excellent scope but I am thinking of switching to one of the Horus Vision systems because of the simple range finding capabilitys. I have read some other posts on the net both good and bad one in particular stated that in colder wet conditions he and 3 other hunters had issues with internal fogging. if any one else has any experiance with these optics I would greatly appreciate any and all info

2. kiwhite

kiwhite Active Member

I HAVE A HORUS FALCON ON MY 300 WIN MAG SENDARO. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BUT HAVN'T BEEN OUT IN THE RAIN WITH IT EITHER THO HAVE BEEN IN 25-30 TEMPS AND NO SIGNS OF ANY FOGGING. I ALSO HAVE 3 OF THE PREDATOR MODELS, 1 ON A 22/250 SENDARO, 1 ON A CZ550 22/250 & 1 ON A RUGER 77 6 MM REMINGTON, HAVE HAD EXCELENT RESULTS WITH THE HORUS SOFTWARE AND THE SCOPES LONG RANGE SHOOTING AND DON'T HAVE TO TURN KNOBS TO GET THERE.
    I DO HAVE TO CHECK THE LONG RANGE TRAJECTORIES AND ADJUST COME-UPS WITH THE BULLETS LOADED TO GET AN ACCURATE HOLDOVER WITH BERGER BULLETS IN THE 22/250'S AND 6MM. THE 300 WIN WITH THE 190 VLD IS RIGHT ON OUT TO 1000 YDS.
    I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD BE DISAPOINTED WITH A HORUS SCOPE AND THE RETICLE IS EASY TO USE AFTER THE FIRST TIME.

3. dewatts

dewatts New Member

Thanks for the reply