Left hand bolt action rimfire.

Janno05

I have been in the market for a left handed bolt action .22 for a trainer/small game rifle that is threaded for a suppressor for years now. Tikka has been teasing us with a left handed T1x in .22 for almost two years now with no end in sights. I am now starting to wonder if Bergara will beat them to it and release a bmr in left hand option (wishful thinking maybe).

Any other options that you would want to see? A ruger precision rimfire in lefty would make a lot of sense too, anything less than the grand + for a bergara b14r or building a custom rifle?

Bergara has their B14r in lefty It's been available for awhile already. I'm waiting for a barreled action though in lefty and those haven't hit FFLs yet

I got a Savage in 17HMR bull barrel and it's accurate. It doesn't have a threaded barrel, but it's cheap enough to get threaded. I like the bull barrel weight makes it feels more like a rifle.

Don't be a cheapskate. Go build yourself a full-blown custom RimX with the stock, barrel, trigger, scope and goodies that you want. Being a lefty don't mean you have to suffer Salvage.

Don't waste your money for ego and a list a mile long of how cool it is. Savage makes several of them, and they are highly accurate. No threaded muzzle as stated, and have it done and a fraction the cost of bling. One guy who shoots a stainless with laminated thumbhole. All the local bling, bling, armed guards for their ammo, look how much I spent to be the best start clearly getting nervous when he shows up. Yes, he openly makes it a point saying loudly "MY BET STILL STANDS" and laughs. He has a running bet with anyone he will run it against their "Rich Boy" guns. Winner gets both rifles. Not one guy with the Voodoo, 52's, CZ, heck you name it has ever stepped up to take his bet. Yes, its a in fun bet and rest assured if anyone took the bet he would pay and expect to be paid.

Don't waste your money for ego and a list a mile long of how cool it is. Savage makes several of them, and they are highly accurate. No threaded muzzle as stated, and have it done and a fraction the cost of bling. One guy who shoots a stainless with laminated thumbhole. All the local bling, bling, armed guards for their ammo, look how much I spent to be the best start clearly getting nervous when he shows up. Yes, he openly makes it a point saying loudly "MY BET STILL STANDS" and laughs. He has a running bet with anyone he will run it against their "Rich Boy" guns. Winner gets both rifles. Not one guy with the Voodoo, 52's, CZ, heck you name it has ever stepped up to take his bet. Yes, its a in fun bet and rest assured if anyone took the bet he would pay and expect to be paid.
I have a Savage (cheep-o) cost me $100 to have the barrel cut to 16" and threaded ....it will out shoot any of the $3000 rifles I've shot it against....

Too bad I didn't live near him. I wouldn't want his rifle... but I'd put a few thousand dollars on the line. Stories like that sound cool on the internet, but I've been present too many times when it was about to actually happen, and there's always something that stops the contender from completing the challenge. "Ooooh ouch... something in my eye boss... I can't shoot anymore... we'll have to do a rematch."

Yes, we have a lefty RimX in stock. In the mean time, anyone can post unedited videos of themselves shooting. Show me a "cheap" 22lr that does this:

All these "crazy accurate" 22lr's everyone's always talking about out there... why don't we ever get to see uncut videos of them being shot for more than one or two wallet groups?

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Too bad I didn't live near him. I wouldn't want his rifle... but I'd put a few thousand dollars on the line. Stories like that sound cool on the internet, but I've been present too many times when it was about to actually happen, and there's always something that stops the contender from completing the challenge. "Ooooh ouch... something in my eye boss... I can't shoot anymore... we'll have to do a rematch."

Yes, we have a lefty RimX in stock. In the mean time, anyone can post unedited videos of themselves shooting. Show me a "cheap" 22lr that does this:

All these "crazy accurate" 22lr's everyone's always talking about out there... why don't we ever get to see uncut videos of them being shot for more than one or two wallet groups?

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Looks like you are ruining a lot of good meat. Are you getting pass throughs or is all the energy dumped into the fly?????

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

LOL.... woosah....its ok. I will try to clarify. First you took the situation way too literally. It is not an open bet amongst the entire world and internet. As posted it is a fun bet between people who know each other. Second, you could show up and shoot one hole at 1000yds and you would get comments like Impressive, Heck of a Shot, that's an accurate rifle...very nice. You mention the bet and you want in on it. A few choice words would come your way with a very clear understanding all present were done interacting with you. Third, you do you we will do us and I won't criticize/argue what you post.

LOL.... woosah....its ok. I will try to clarify. First you took the situation way too literally. It is not an open bet amongst the entire world and internet. As posted it is a fun bet between people who know each other. Second, you could show up and shoot one hole at 1000yds and you would get comments like Impressive, Heck of a Shot, that's an accurate rifle...very nice. You mention the bet and you want in on it. A few choice words would come your way with a very clear understanding all present were done interacting with you. Third, you do you we will do us and I won't criticize/argue what you post.
It sounded pretty literal from your post.

LOL.... woosah....its ok. I will try to clarify. First you took the situation way too literally. It is not an open bet amongst the entire world and internet.
You posted it quite literally.

I read your post as a condemnation of "rich boys" with the new high quality actions and rifles. So if the challenge isn't open to the internet, why speak of it here?

I simply find it strange that all of these super cheap rifles that out-shoot the "rich boys" rifles on the internet... never seem to exist in person. I mean, you quite literally compared a savage, to high end custom rifles.

Realistically, it would be a lot easier if I could sell rifles for "ego" as you put it. Instead, people that buy our rifles expect them to perform... and they do. It has nothing to do with ego for most. They just enjoy shooting really small. While a diamond can be found among lesser rifles from time to time, I'm providing a result... not a roll of the dice. If cheaper rifles could guarantee that result, I'd be selling those instead.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Last edited:
I'll try and post some video of my Tikka shooting groups. I wouldn't consider it cheap but it's no Vudoo either, I don't think I can hold them as tight as your video but not far off. I'm happy for the price. I'm sure one day I'll bite the bullet and get a custom