recommend a left hand bolt action rifle

hilbillyconquest

hello guys new to the forum , i have been looking at new rifles and cant seem to find one . i really like the remington sendero but no left hand , can any one recommend a rifle something similar to the sendero in left hand? i looked at the weatherby accumark in left hand but i have heard mixed reveiws.

lets here it guys is there a nice rifle out there for the southpaws.

What caliber are you looking for?

I'm a Savage fan so naturally I'm going to recommend a Savage. You can build one for cheaper than a Sendero.

My 338 Edge is built on a LH Savage. It has a 32" fluted McGowan barrel, Rifle Basix Sav-2 trigger, and a Stockade Pdog stock.

I have less than $1000 in the rifle.

S8001327.jpg

IMG_0216lores.jpg

This is my 300 Rummy, you will recognize the laminated stock as being from Rem M700 LSS LH, I had it kicking around the back of my vault, picked up a donor M700LH 7mm RM rifle, had it blue printed, the bbl is a 30" Benchmark, 1:12. seems to handle the 208gr AMAX's just fine.

Have Fun. Don

Here is my accumark. I promise you you wont be dissapointed...
BKS_1774-1.jpg

Here I took a Gemsback at a little over 600 yards. Same trip I shot a baboon at 1456 yards. It has killed critters on 3 continents and has never failed.
IMG_0726.jpg

Hands down Weatherby mark V, I have three of them and had many other production LH, no match to the markV. Take a good look at the 30-378
Charlie

hello guys new to the forum , i have been looking at new rifles and cant seem to find one . i really like the remington sendero but no left hand , can any one recommend a rifle something similar to the sendero in left hand? i looked at the weatherby accumark in left hand but i have heard mixed reveiws.

Well, is starting from scratch an option for you? If so, buy the components you want and let a gunsmith build you a tack-driver. The Stiller Predator is a good action to start with. I think my wait time on both of my LH was about 6 weeks or less. Actually, one was about a 2 week wait, the other about 8 weeks now that I think about it.

Or are you only looking for factory rifles?

Derek is correct. I would have been money ahead if I had done my build on a steller. By chosing a customer action your rifle smith will not have to spend time accurizing a factory action. My next build will do exactly as Derek has recomended.

+1 on the after martket action. Kirby is building a left handed 300WSM for me right now on a Borden Alpine Magnum action. The wait is killing me but I'm sure it will be well worth the it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I initially planned on using a 700 donor action for the build but as Kirby explained it...if i added a few hundred dollars to the cost of reworking the donor action I could get a brand new action that would be far better in the long run.

Kirby, PLEEEEASE HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.308ltr;431328if i added a few hundred dollars to the cost of reworking the donor action I could get a brand new action that would be far better in the long run. [/QUOTE said:
well, I don't know if I'd go THAT far. A 700 in the hands of a gun builder who knows what to do with it turns out essentially a "custom" action on a factory base. But from now on all of my future rifles will be on custom actions bc I don't have anymore donor rifles. :D

The problem with Borden actions is he's a year to 18 months out getting one to you! Or he was last year anyway.

what is your price range?

If your heart is set on a LH Sendero, there are some out there. I remember several years ago I was looking for one in a 300 RUM. I found 2-3 7mm magnum LH Senderos on Gun Broker. I haven't seen on listed for sale in years though.

It's a cool gun, but probably not one I want to hike around the mountains with!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.