My new gun!!!!! I’m so excited about this, join me! 🤣

Here's a link to the existing thread about the subject matter, i have obtained the firearm and am ITCHING to get out shooting with my first true big bore!
I felt the same way when I got the use of a bolt action 50bmg. I was expecting trees to explode and the ground to liquify but tree barely moved and the dust was cleared off but other than that it's like you said between the muzzle break and the reoiilpad it was ammmm

True story....
At the range...two painters show up with Weatherby in a shiny Haliburton case...
First guy shoots...scope cuts a ring around his eye...blood flowing profusely.
Second guy up...same thing...bloody scope ring
They threw the rifle in the case, threw the case in the bed of their pickup truck. Drove away fast kickin' up dust.
If I hadn't been laughing so hard, I probably could have bought that rifle cheap...

Couple of pics of my .458…..
IMG_5419.jpeg
IMG_5418.jpeg

Where did you hit it? I would have thought a critter more or less the Australian version of a big coyote would have some pretty decent entry or exit wounds from a 458 haha. Or is the Lott with fmj round noses a pelt hunter's gun? 😁
If I remember correctly, I think the entry was in the front of shoulder/neck region. Due to their small frame a little critter won't provide enough resistance to initiate expansion on a bullet designed for heavy game. Of course if spine or major bone structure is hit, then externally visible damage can be significant. Even with a clean pass through enough energy is transferred for an instant kill.

Well I wish you the very best of luck and many years of enjoyable shooting with your new rifle in that Unbelievable caliber. I never even knew that existed . I know if you run across the T REX from Jurassic Park, you are surly prepared to take it. Its head will be on your wall. My friend, You have clearly "brought enough gun. "