Lapua brass mystery doe 6.5-284

What I predict will happen is that you will be able to get 3 to 4 firings on your NEW brass, because your Full Length Sizing die is only going to be Neck Sizing the brass because of the short headspace. There will come a point when the brass has stretched enough that it will no longer rechamber and your sizing die will not size small enough to fit YOUR chamber, and then it will be the because of "the CRAPPY Lapua Brass".
At that point I suggest that you take the die out to the garage and take a little bit off the bottom of the die with a grinder and that will allow the brass to go further up into the die and it should fit YOUR rifle.:rolleyes:

Dave

+1

or take one of the fired cases from the other guys gun and FLS it, in your die. Then reset your headspace off of that pc of brass. Then you can use all the brass you have.

Thank you for your input. Please do not put words into my mouth to try to make your point. I did not blame anyone of anything. I was just trying to understand what was causing it. I will pursue the lengthening of the head space.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.