Hornady 6.5-284 Brass

curtiscd

Does anyone have insight on lack of availability of Hornady 6.5-284 brass? I am only able to find it on one site, and it is on sale there. All other sites are sold out. Really makes me wonder what is going on. Thanks

Your choice, of course, but why bother with Hornady when you can use Lapua brass. It's more consistent and you'll get longer life. Overall, it's a big plus to having a 6.5-284.

Your choice, of course, but why bother with Hornady when you can use Lapua brass. It's more consistent and you'll get longer life. Overall, it's a big plus to having a 6.5-284.

+1
I've been using my first box of Lapua 6.5-284 brass for the last 3 years. I use Lapua whenever it is available in a cartridge I shoot.

I'm confused, if Lapua makes brass for a case then no one else makes brass for that case RIGHT?
Or is it just that I would NEVER buy Hornady or any other brass if Lapua has it?
Hmmmmmmmm I bought some Nosler brass when they first started making it instead of Lapua.....I had to try it and it was sooooooo pretty.
Only got me once though. Haven't been dumb enough to do that since then.

You gentlemen convinced me. I was hung up on the price, but bit the big one and ordered 200 pieces from Sinclair yesterday. Thank you for the responses.

I tried the Hornady 6.5x284 brass a while back and had chambering issues with it in three different rifles. It's not to say they have not since corrected the problem. I have not had any problems with either the Norma or Lapua brass but did make the decision to standardize on Lapua. While pricey, I have routinely gotten 10+ reloads and do one annealing(at 5 loads). I have never had a split case or loose primer pocket.

You are so hosed now, after using Lapua brass you will never buy cheap crummy brass again. What are you going to do with all the extra money you save by buying once and crying once rather than bleeding yourself out by buying crummy componets?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.