Kirby Allen's work result TARGET pic

5Redman8

Kirby Allen\'s work result TARGET pic

Finally got to do some work with formed brass. This is the first bullet and powder combo I have tried.

APS 280AI
160gr Accubond
59.2gr of R22
COL 3.494"
Avg 3,005fps
SD 4fps
ED 10fps
center to center 0.330" I actually felt the last shot slip to the left at the trigger break. I have no doubt this gun will get me in the .2's on a regular basis....if I am good enough!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
273117.jpg

Re: Kirby Allen\'s work result TARGET pic

Looks like you're goodgroupin'! Very nice. It feels good to have a gun like that in the safe huh?

You are getting roughly the same velocity as the 7mm mags I have worked on while at the same time using less powder (8 grains less in fact). You gotta love that!

Fantastic!!! I remember the pics of the finished project when you posted it. Looks like it shoots as good as it looks. Looks like it will be able to meet your expectations of 800-1000 yards with ease. Once you get there, you will probably keep on stretching it's legs farther out. Your results and everything similar that I've seen and heard for the last year or so is the reason that I invested a sizeable chunk of change with Kirby this summer also. Good luck with your future testing and keep the pics coming, expecially when you get into the .2's (or lower).

uh-oh you're getting me going,my .30-06AI barrel should all but be in his hands now,im right behing you,good shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.