KG Industries Gun Kote

Centre Punch

As far as i know, KG Industries Gun Kote is the only oven curing firearms coating available in the UK.
Have any of you guys had any experience with this stuff or does anyone have it on any of their rifles?
Is it any good or not? Thanks.

Ian.

I use it on most of my smaller projects, i don't have a oven big enough for barrels. I do actions and pistols mostly. The main thing is a good sandblast finish, make sure its clean. Use a respirator when spraying, the overspray is very dangerous. 0ne hour in the 300deg oven, let cool and its ready.

I am looking into the duracoat system, no baking is required, just cure time. two part epoxy system.

duracoat

Midway USA also sells the same kits.

Hi to make a good baking oven you can do it a few ways. Make a ply wood box long enough for the longest barreled action you will need to bake. Line the inside in silver roof insulation backing for going under the surface of roofing and walls between the wall and the insulation. then get eithe a set of lights the 1000 watt ones and make a cut out in the top to allow them to blast their light into it you can place a small fan into the top aswell to recirculate the air and also get a thermistat in their to controll the lights with a thermoniter. The other way is to get a bar heating element and place that into it with a thermastat and thermometer into it.

Cheers Bill
Australia

On most sporting actions it is thin enough, similar to Teflon coating, just dont over do the application. Using a air brush is the best way to control the spray. Brownell's sells it in a spray can, that works good for most stuff but it comes out pretty fast and heavy.

Heat the parts before you spray, 110 deg is about right.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts