Just ordered my 338 EDGE

I hear that the SSAA is going into a share araingement with the local VRA club at Buchan.
How long is the range? need a long range for a .338Edge day out.
Be good fun.

Gee I like that Predator Extreme version with the extra length over the normal 700 action. MMM next one! It would be interesting to see how it goes against an accurised 700 Remington action. I think the cards may be in your favour on this one ! I suppose the bloke behind the butt has alot to do with these things.

Yesterday my gunsmith fitted a new style Mini Extreme 5 slotter brake on my barrel and action! Nate from Straight Shot Gunsmithing makes these.
Hopefully that will pull her up nicely and I should be up and running in within 2 weeks! gun)

No worries we can have an informal comp with a few of us at Little River once you get your rig up and running. Its good to throw a few ideas around and learn from each other. The action and barrel will be your hold up and I think an exceptional turn around would be 6 months. For your sake I hope you prove me wrong but there are generally waiting lists on this type of gear. Ask any of us on this forum!

I went with a Lawton cut rifling barrel in a fluted sendero profiile to cut some weight, so it will be interesting to see the difference along the journey. Top Shot has the Lilja and is doing very well with his.

What optics are you considering?

John's build time ATM is fairly quickly the only set back is getting the action from Stiller, I could have my rifle fairly soon if Stiller can get my action into the batch John already has ordered I would be expecting Jan-Feb Next year realistically.

It would be good to test these aussie EDGES one day all together make a day of it, I'm sure a few would jump at the opportunity, we could have a LRHOM range day at little river or something haha.

Or when the Buchan range opens up lightbulb

Count me in too.
I'll throw in "the cat amongst the pigeons" with both of my Accumarks.
My 30-378 Wby and 338-378 Wby, both are tight shooters.
My new Terminator 338 might even be ready about the same time as your build so if I manage to get an accurate load developed for that one then I'll throw that big cat into the ring also.
That one will be wearing the 5 port Allen Pain Killer Brake; believe me it will need that brake.

BRING IT ON.

Never shot at Little River, but seem to remember a bloke (RR) showing me some photo's of the place.

In the background about 1200 yards away, was a ridge covered in large rocks. A target rich environment if ever I saw one.:)

Now we could all get together and see how many of them big rocks we could turn into small rocks!!!! I'm sure the range officer wouldn't mind. :D

Does that mean im not invited cause i shoot a lapua? I have had an edge, don't make me build another one :D

I think the Buchan range is 1k but don't quote me.

The optics I am considering ATM:
NF NXS 5.5-22x56
March 2.5-25X44
Zeiss Vic Dia 6-24x56

Anyone can come as long as it drills a hole Larger than .308 hahahahahaa

Ridge Rider PM Sent

Just an update.

Everything has been ordered sweeeet now I just have to wait.

For the stock I went Mcmillan A-4, got rid of the thumbwheel cheek piece, and went for the Saddle, also the colour scheme should look mint I am going down the lines of the Marble finish in Olive, Brown, Black, I've seen a few and they look great so if mine looks anything like them I will be happy.

I wacked the barrel back to 28" Heavy Varmint contour with deep fluting

And Stiller Tac300 Action

Can't wait haha:D

Email Shawn Carlock with your card details and address etc, and he will get one delivered to your door step in about a week or so.

Get the 1 inch 3 or 4 port.

Thats what i did my Edge wears a 4 port break and i just ordered a 3 port .75 and manners t4 for my 300wsm build .:D

Now we could all get together and see how many of them big rocks we could turn into small rocks!!!! I'm sure the range officer wouldn't mind. :D

I made some small rocks last time i was down your way. gun):D

I've got a 8 week wait for my t4 manners stock in OD green.

Mine is completed and awaiting its final bead blast and paint/bake then test firing . Funny I have a Manners T4 on my aptly named Montana with with 80% carbon fill option. Most of its components came from Montana!

Counting the sleeps now! gun)

I have picked mine up and she is lovely!

Initial testing whilst testing has indicated it may already be shooting 1/2 MOA at 300 yards.

I now have to try and pick a better load with the 250gn Hornadies and 300 Smk's!
This rifle will no doubt shoot better than I can!

300gn Bergers also in initial testing shot around the 1 inch mark at 300 with the first combo tried.. now lets get onto some H1000

Those that know me will already have some pictures. I'm waiting for "Topshot" to post some pics for me as I cant figure out how to
If anyone is interested then I'll post up all the specs. gun)

I have picked mine up and she is lovely!

Initial testing whilst testing has indicated it may already be shooting 1/2 MOA at 300 yards.

I now have to try and pick a better load with the 250gn Hornadies and 300 Smk's!
This rifle will no doubt shoot better than I can!

300gn Bergers also in initial testing shot around the 1 inch mark at 300 with the first combo tried.. now lets get onto some H1000

Those that know me will already have some pictures. I'm waiting for "Topshot" to post some pics for me as I cant figure out how to
If anyone is interested then I'll post up all the specs. gun)

Ok T.B.
Here she is. Now lets have the details.............
mypic51.JPG

mypic52.JPG

mypic53.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts