Just ordered my 338 EDGE

Mate,i think he has made the right choice,the Tac 338 was designed for the 338 lapua sized cartridges,it is 1.450" in diameter and uses a .750" bolt which is not needed for the edge,the Tac300 is a rem Long action clone but it is designed to work with the wyatt's or extended mag system as the mag ports are cut longer.

Last edited:
MMMM

If my memory serves me right the TAC 300 uses Remington mag boxes . The Predator takes the Wyatts boxes. There is a spacer you can fill the rear of the box in on the Predators if you want to use a remmy box mag.

Yes the Tac 338 is a lot bigger.. I have one on order and my TAC 300 arives this week. Another mates TAC 338 is coming with my TAc action.. They are sweet dont worry.

I shot the APS 338 Edge build recently. very nice on a Stiller TASC 300. For the Edge I would say get the Predator as the new wyatts box will fit.

I can feel a 338 Lap improved coming on..! Barrel is ordered and in the system

John's build time ATM is fairly quickly the only set back is getting the action from Stiller, I could have my rifle fairly soon if Stiller can get my action into the batch John already has ordered I would be expecting Jan-Feb Next year realistically.

lightbulb

Ant,

What's happening with your build. Have you got your muzzle brake, should have had it by now. What's the story from Giles's side of the fence.

RR

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.