Jard Trigger Model H

D

daveosok

I installed this trigger in a factory rem 700 trigger. These things are a pain in the butt.
A lot of fiddling is required to get it in the trigger.
These triggers are of two piece design but instead of the sear containg the trigger where the factory trigger contacted it contacts it about half way down in side the trigger.
Supposedly this gives more of a mechanical advantage and better feel for the trigger.
It uses the standard screws from the factory trigger but it does not use the top front screw in the trigger housing.
The actual trigger has a hole drilled in it for the trigger pressure spring and corresponds to the lower front screw.
The rear secrew contacts the trigger and works the same as on a factory one.
Well I got it all together after a few choice words about Jard and the engineering that went into it and decided to try it.
First impression was "wow" this is really crisp and breaks like glass. One big problem is if this was a weapon and you droped it from a height of say your waste it would fire.
I do my tap test which consists of a dead blow hammer and a substantial blow on all triggers I adjust. Until it wont go off I keep adjusting the screws, it must be safe or well thats bottom line anything else is totally unacceptable.
This one is dangerous. Even with 3 pounds of trigger pull and wack from the dead blow and it fired. Now that was a blow directly from the top of the action, side blows had so such affect.
This was all done of course with only the action no barrel was attached and no case was in the colt just to satisfy yall who might be thinking I wasnt all their.
Personally I am glad I didnt buy this with the intentions of using it, I bought it becasue midway had them on sale and I had never seen one like it before.
Now if I am doing something wrong or if someone knows a secret or two please let me know.
I will not be using this trigger until the problem is fixed.
I followed all the instructions to a "t" too.
I would not recommend this style trigger unless it is something I am doing wrong.
Rifle Basik will be the next trigger I order.
Which I feel are a great buy and work as advertised and are crisp and break well also with all of the same adjustments as the factory rem 700.
Dave

Dave,

I have run into the same problems with the Jard. I have also had problems with the Jard ar-15 triggers. It is not anything you are doing. I simply am going to have to put them on the very short list of stuff I refuse to buy or work on.

I also tried one of these and was very disappointed. I didnt even get to the hammer blow part. I gave up when I found that they were very inconsistant. Weight would vary by several ounces each pull. Definitely not impressed, the trigger is sitting on a shelf holding up some dust.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.