Trigger upgrade?

muzzleflash

Hey guys, so i have a Remington 700 7mm mag, and i absolutely hate the trigger. I'm never quite sure when it is going to go off, and i often shoot when i don't want to. I also have a Weatherby .243, and i love the trigger on that......

Anyway, i was wondering if it was really worth spending the money on getting a two stage trigger, or should i just get a trigger with a softer(?) pull? And if so, which trigger assembly model/make and ounce # would you guys recommend?

Hey guys, so i have a Remington 700 7mm mag, and i absolutely hate the trigger. I'm never quite sure when it is going to go off, and i often shoot when i don't want to. I also have a Weatherby .243, and i love the trigger on that......

Anyway, i was wondering if it was really worth spending the money on getting a two stage trigger, or should i just get a trigger with a softer(?) pull? And if so, which trigger assembly model/make and ounce # would you guys recommend?

Just adjust the trigger and save $100.

If you have the old trigger, go here:

Remington Trigger Adjustments

If you have the new one, let me know and I will explain it.

the remington trigger is very easy to adjust my Remington VLS was adjusted to 26 ounce no creep breaks like piece of glass and i did it about 15 minutes

JIM

Oh, great! And no, i don't have a new trigger.

And BTW, how hard is this? I haven't had much experience on the inside of guns, but this is pretty straight forward right? Also, do you think i would want to add more or less pressure, or is that up to what feels best?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.