Is it time for to me to give up on my wildcat?

Re: clickers. When I load a small batch of ammo for a range visit, I run the first carts thru a cartridge checker and the rifle chamber (without firing pin) to ensure chambering without interference. If I got clickers, I would mark the case or cart with a sharpie and repeat checking until I discovered and removed the interference. I don't force the cart into the chamber.

Saw the thread title and thought this was about a wife.

Haha that's a good one. Fortunately I've got a keeper. She lets me rant about this tuff and tries to help me figure out what to do, all while keeping me from loading up my CC because I have poor financial self control.

She actually suggested just waiting until next spring and using our tax return to have a new one built, get whatever I want, etc. That sounds nice, but I want to get the rest of the life from this barrel and test this creation thoroughly with a properly cut chamber and die before sinking money into a new barrel blank.

From reports I've seen on Old Dominion custom rifles, I'm confident the work will be very high quality.

Haha that's a good one. Fortunately I've got a keeper. She lets me rant about this tuff and tries to help me figure out what to do, all while keeping me from loading up my CC because I have poor financial self control.

She actually suggested just waiting until next spring and using our tax return to have a new one built, get whatever I want, etc. That sounds nice, but I want to get the rest of the life from this barrel and test this creation thoroughly with a properly cut chamber and die before sinking money into a new barrel blank.

From reports I've seen on Old Dominion custom rifles, I'm confident the work will be very high quality.

Zack has a very good reputation from what I read. I talked to Newlon on April 5th about 3 body die blanks and he mentioned he would be out all this week and would ream them the first of next week and ship them.

Last edited: