"Inherently more accurate"

One thing about looking at records and what BR guys use is once one guy wins with one cartridge then every body else switches to that. So it isn't necessarily "the best", just the one that won...same with barrels and actions...a guy with wins with a Bartlien then the following comps you'll see more and more Bartliens, then someone will win with a Brux, well you get the picture...short and fat is always more accurate until a long skinny cartridge beats it.
They shoot whatever gives them the smallest groups. No argument that they will try other cartridges that are successful, but they don't waste time with cartridges that don't shoot the smallest groups.

We answered that. Case capacity, fill ratio, and burn rate. After than in the distance are the things Rich mentioned. Steeper shoulder angles and less body taper. On average the shorter fatter case with a steeper shoulder angle will be more efficient which leads to accuracy. When it is calm the most important part of accuracy is vertical. When the wind blows horizontal obviously has to be paid more attention to. In both cases vertical matters and large overbore cartridges just will not maintain the tight vertical of the br or WSM cases. There are numerous cartridges that will hold better wind but you need both components to be accurate.

So, shorter, fatter cases with steeper shoulder angles are more accurate than longer, more slender with less shoulder angle cases with similar case capacity cartridges, because they are more efficient.

So, shorter, fatter cases with steeper shoulder angles are more accurate than longer, more slender with less shoulder angle cases with similar case capacity cartridges, because they are more efficient.

That seams to be the case(no pun intended). I personally think you are splitting hairs with the 260 vs CM but you would really need to shoot thousands of rounds to prove one over the other. On paper not at PRS matches. I will tell you that I have had 3 creedmoors and they are ridiculously easy to tune. I have never and probably never will own a 260. There are other things at play, as I stated earlier, such as case trimming. The 308 family will need cases trimmed more often. That is of no consequence if you trim every firing. I do for hunting rounds but not always practice rounds.

If your worried about br accuracy than you might want to consider the case, fact is they're all a capable of shooting in the .2's and probably better. If .1" matters than there might be case for the case, but the case itself has little to do with accuracy, the barrel you end up with will matter much more than the cartridge you choose. Some cases are easier to get better components for, so you wouldn't have to spend as much time on case prep, that doesn't make the design more accurate.
Those competitions are won by the guys shooting them, not the case they are shooting. Good chance the same guy would have won that day with whatever he built.
It's bit like thinking the gloves won a fight, a lot of the best fighters wear the same gloves, but the glove didn't have much to do with who one the fight.

If your worried about br accuracy than you might want to consider the case, fact is they're all a capable of shooting in the .2's and probably better. If .1" matters than there might be case for the case, but the case itself has little to do with accuracy, the barrel you end up with will matter much more than the cartridge you choose. Some cases are easier to get better components for, so you wouldn't have to spend as much time on case prep, that doesn't make the design more accurate.
Those competitions are won by the guys shooting them, not the case they are shooting. Good chance the same guy would have won that day with whatever he built.
It's bit like thinking the gloves won a fight, a lot of the best fighters wear the same gloves, but the glove didn't have much to do with who one the fight.
I don't agree. Br is very equipment oriented. Why are the same cartridges on the top 100 list?

Those competitions have are won by the guys shooting them, not the case they are shooting. Good chance the same guy would have won that day with whatever he built.

See you are speaking in .1s and .2s which tells me you're at 100 yards. None of them will ag in the .2s at 1k. Maybe a screamer group or two. Here we go again. A 30 Nosler(which I love) will not agg with a 300WSM-FACT. Good luck OP. I don't have time to continue to argue with those who won't listen to the record books, which are absolute fact.

But let us shift gears for a second. Since nmbarta is on the 100 yard line how often does the 6ppc get beat? Maybe that is just luck too???? If you want the answer look at the records and compare those cartridges to others in question. If you want to discuss/argue stay in this thread. I bet it is not even getting started.

Here is a target from a 300wsm hunting setup I just built. Different bullets and powders at 100. Just about everything shows promise.
CAEB55DB-5B55-49B1-8673-E3D4E4EF5FB8.jpeg

That seams to be the case(no pun intended). I personally think you are splitting hairs with the 260 vs CM but you would really need to shoot thousands of rounds to prove one over the other. On paper not at PRS matches. I will tell you that I have had 3 creedmoors and they are ridiculously easy to tune. I have never and probably never will own a 260. There are other things at play, as I stated earlier, such as case trimming. The 308 family will need cases trimmed more often. That is of no consequence if you trim every firing. I do for hunting rounds but not always practice rounds.

No hair splitting, just the CM and 260 as examples as they seem to very close in case capacity and performance. I suppose a 220 swift and a 22-250 could've been used

Just pointing out that everything seems to placed on equipment. The guy behind the gun matters more, especially at 1000.
I'm not saying that there aren't very good arguments to made for one case or another, just pointing out that the guy shooting and winning very well could have won with a case not mentioned.

No hair splitting, just the CM and 260 as examples as they seem to very close in case capacity and performance. I suppose a 220 swift and a 22-250 could've been used

Sorry, I did not mean you personally. I just meant they are so close in case capacity that to compare is splitting hairs. I personally would take the Creedmoor for numerous reasons.