"Inherently more accurate"

I wonder how many shooters at 1,000 yards are using bone stock rifles or do not load their own cartridges?
We have a few each month, are targets are from 200 yards to 1000 and after about 600 yards "stock" rifles have few impacts. Many of these shooters have improved rifles the next time

I like a 243 Winchester, I would call that cartridge to be one you could call "inherently accurate"... I think a fat case and a slightly small for case capacity caliber, meaning a longer projectile potential....seems to contribute positively to ballistic coefficient....or whatever terms fits here...plus it's easy recoil, fun to shoot, easy to reload for, bullets are sometimes cheaper, used less powder per boom. Can get more practice in cause you just love it...kids can shoot it....legal for elk in Oregon....though I don't understand why....good out to 400 yards plus?....some can take it out to 1000....not me.
It might be the perfect cartridge...?
...perfect starter cartridge for age 10 to 12 year olds.
And, old men.
I gotta dust mine off and get out there.

Haven't read through the whole thread but, the phrase "inherently more accurate" imo means how easy is it to reload for(some cartridges are very very easy to find recipes with a lot of combinations, easy to get 1/2" or less groups. The br family of cartridges, cartridges based off the 308, the creed family, prc family…..I'm sure I'm missing some) the design of the cartridge(long necks, 30-40* shoulder, short fat body cases).

Haven't read through the whole thread but, the phrase "inherently more accurate" imo means how easy is it to reload for(some cartridges are very very easy to find recipes with a lot of combinations, easy to get 1/2" or less groups. The br family of cartridges, cartridges based off the 308, the creed family, prc family…..I'm sure I'm missing some) the design of the cartridge(long necks, 30-40* shoulder, short fat body cases).
WSM

I see this term tossed around a lot, especially in any of the many 260 vrs the 6.5 CM threads. It probably comes up in the .243 vrs 6 CM too. I don't know as I don't own either. If you built a 30 CM or a 7mm CM would it be more accurate than a 308 or a 7mm/08? If the CM case design is "inherently more accurate" wouldn't it be?

Can someone define this please? Not looking for opinions, just facts. Using the 260/6.5 CM as examples. Has anyone built two rifles as identical as they can be, found the best loads for both and has the data to back up the 'inherently more accurate" statement? Has the data been verified with other identical (as can be) rifles? Say, 600 yards.

I'm not looking for a debate, argument or you can buy ammo at your local quick stop type replies. There are other post where you can do that.

BTW, I have a 260 but I don't think it's better than a CM but I also don't think it gives up anything either. My rig is a deer rifle, 22" pencil barrel, personally I don't think deer, coyotes or groundhogs can tell the difference.

So, if someone has some data based on testing that defines what makes one cartridge "inherently more accurate" than another cartridge please post it up.

Thanks, Justin
Factory rifles are one thing, customs are another. If you have learned to "Tune" a load, most will be tack drivers unless they are a pencil whip barrel where things can get very interesting.

The 6.5x47 Lapua is one of the finest cartridges a guy could ever consider. Velocity is not far removed from the hottest 6.5 creed or 260 Rem velocities, but the geometry of the 6.x 47 lapua case is fabulous when considering the mag box length.

If I wanted to go larger than the 6.5x47 Lapua, I would opt for a 260 A.I. where 140's would shoot very tiny groups at 2950 fps. I would have a Wyatt's mag box put in my Rem 700 short action.

I have had custom 260 model 7's and currently have a custom 6.5 x55 Sweed on a Rem long action, 26" Pac Nor barrel where the 129g LRAB shoot very tiny groups at 3150 using R#26.

Again, all of these cartridges would shoot very tiny groups tuning reloads.

I had a 300 Short mag that was very accurate, but the BC just absolutely stank for a 600 yard shot, wind tore it up and the trajectory was horrible. The rifle just beat the heck out of me.

Rem 700's in 7 Rem Mag are a very, very accurate rifles in the laminate and pillar bedded stocks, 2.5" groups at 550 yards are not uncommon with plane Jane 140g Ballistic tip loads at 3250 where the bullets are seated to just barely touch the lands.

Rem 700's in 270 that are bedded in wood or laminate stocks shoot bug holes with 140g Noslers with 58ish grains of H4831, tiny groups.

Rem 700's in 308 are notorious in shooting groups where the bullets all touch with a variety of good hunting bullets, and my favorite is the 168g Nosler LRAB loaded with XBR 8208 and a Fed 210.

When you get yourself set up to work up loads at the rifle range, tune the powder charge, change the seating depth, alter the primer, most rifles will shoot very small groups when they are bedded in a good stock, bbl free floated, with a good scope on the rifle.

Edit,
Wsm's and saums.
I'm sure there's custom cartridges too, but I sure can't name all those. Sherman's come to mind, don't know much about them but some of them they're similar to the likes of an ackly improved I believe.