I wuz gonna subscribe...

... but not if I have to use PayPal.

Len,
Just make it so I can charge it on my card WITHOUT PayPal.

Yers, Eric B.

Eric,
That is how it is set up, I was playing with it and if you click subscribe here's the option screen...

CC vs PayPal.JPG

It allows you to use MC, AMEX, Discover, and VISA. Also, if you do not want to use the CC you have on file, you can add your new CC in the wallet section.

To prove the point, just went ahead and subscribed. :cool::D;)

Cheers!

Ed

Last edited:
Clearly states "Powered by PayPal"
Bottom righthand corner of payment screen. I believe the OP, is averse to using anything PayPal, not merely their financing and credit side. I could be wrong, but that's how I read the context of the discussion.

Clearly states "Powered by PayPal"
Bottom righthand corner of payment screen. I believe the OP, is averse to using anything PayPal, not merely their financing and credit side. I could be wrong, but that's how I read the context of the discussion.

I see your point. I do like PayPal either but it is not a show stopper for me to subcribe and support Len's business.

same thing hear wont use pay pal. went to subscribe when it first came up months ago and was pay pal only. there has been items for sale that I would have bought but the op had pay pal only option and I will not use their service

OK, I tried once again by clicking the gray "subscribe" bar to the left bit it STILL requires Pay Pal.

Eric B.

Eric,

As I understand it, PayPal is simply the vehicle that Len has in-place so you can use MC, AMEX, Discover, and VISA as an option instead of PayPal only ...

I want to use.JPG

Yes, it is a service provided by PayPal. "IF" this bothers you, this online option might not be for you. I am not sure if Len will make an exception for you and others. But I would imagine it would be an additional cost to his business because it is outside the realms of the the automated payment system in-place; someone will have to manually manage it (bookkeeping of some sort). I can be totally wrong. Having said that, it is best to deal with Len/site management directly to find some resolve.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, having backpacked the Gand Canyon with Len a couple of years back I do happen to have his address and phone number. I may send the old boy a check. (OK Len, I know, I'm an old boy too!;o)

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.