I struck GOLD!!!

May your OAL vary substantially and you neck tension become fully inconsistent for the foreseeable future. :)

I haven't been able to find H4350 and it's the only powder that I'm running low on.

Too bad about the 4350. There's plenty here. I have 3 lbs I will never use. I put in for all preference points in Utah, but if I was coming out to SE Utah, I'd bring some powder for you.

I have purchased as much as 20# of powder but I have the time to chase it here. I reload for myself and 7 hunting friends and relatives. My son also reloads and due to his work drives around town a lot. We have both found more powder, bullets and 22LR lately, even some Varget. Between us we check Cabelas, quite a few gunshops and Sportsman's every week. We even accidentally found a source hardly anyone ever checks which always has something we are looking for. I see hoarder ads on Backpage and wish the market would suddenly be flooded so they would lose money.

At one time before all the mess we now face was going on I had 10 lbs of 3031, 8 lbs of IMR 4350, 16 lbs of AA2460, 8 lbs of AA#5, 8 lbs of Herco, 8 lbs of Unique, 10 lbs of H322 Surplus, 8 lbs of H335 7 lbs of WW680 and assorted 1 lb cans of at least 10 other powders. I wasn't hoarding as I used all of those powders regularly. When I find a good load I like to lay in a lifetime supply of that powder and lot. I wasn't hoarding, just buying powder at good prices when I found it. Most all of that powder is now gone.

Congrats on your score. But at 85+ grains of powder gone every time the gun goes pow that amount of powder hardly makes it to the "hoarding" category. I promise you that even if this drought goes away I'm not getting caught short again. I was down to three pounds of Unique and when it's being used in 380, 38 Special, 9mm, 40 S&W, 357, 45 ACP, 44Mag, 45/70 and 12ga Field loads three pounds 'aint squat!!!

KB

It's actually not all for me. I was down to 3 pounds and was able to order 8 singles from Weidners about a month ago. I got the jug last week from Natchez and is going to a buddy.

I paid 25.99 each for the 1 pound cans and 179.99 for the jug plus another 45 bucks for each order for hazardous materials and shipping fees.

i bloody wish ..... you blokes have got it good that powder is made 400 miles from me in aus and i have to pay $60us for the small one and $370 for the big one.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts