I struck GOLD!!!

I want to say congrats but...... Dont you think we are hurting each other by the constant hoarding?

Nice find, just curious how much it cost per pound?
I am looking for some H4350, Cabelas had about 6 pounds in stock last week, but they wanted $29.99. I thought that was too much.

I have 2-8 pound kegs of H4831 and 4 cans of H4831 all from the same lot unopened. More than enough to last me for the next 20 years.

It's actually not all for me. I was down to 3 pounds and was able to order 8 singles from Weidners about a month ago. I got the jug last week from Natchez and is going to a buddy.

I paid 25.99 each for the 1 pound cans and 179.99 for the jug plus another 45 bucks for each order for hazardous materials and shipping fees.

Yes, we've gone from bragging about tiny 700 yard groups on steel, to scoring powder or finding the ever elusive .22 LR at Walmart.

I don't consider it hoarding if he is going to use it. If he is going to hide it away and try to sell it for an excessive profit then yes its hoarding.
I want to say congrats but...... Dont you think we are hurting each other by the constant hoarding?
When you factor in that when the current pressure to ban guns started there were ~100,000,000 registered firearms in the US and the latest statistic from NRA is more like ~300,000,000, then you understand that there are 3 times as man breeches to feed in 5 years. Manufacturers of course would play catch up with that.

Oh and while different products are available at different times, it's out there now. I went to BassPro and they had all primes except Federal GMM. There was Rem, Win and all the CCI including BR2 and BR4. The purchase limit for primers is up from 300 in December to 2000.

I don't consider it hoarding if he is going to use it. If he is going to hide it away and try to sell it for an excessive profit then yes its hoarding.When you factor in that when the current pressure to ban guns started there were ~100,000,000 registered firearms in the US and the latest statistic from NRA is more like ~300,000,000, then you understand that there are 3 times as man breeches to feed in 5 years. Manufacturers of course would play catch up with that.

+1 on this.

I used to shoot 5-6000 rifle rounds per year. I would burn a lot of powder. Now i am having anxiety about the fact that I'm down to about 7lbs of powder and just over 1500 primers!

Most reloaders aren't hoarding. I know an old boy in oklahoma that is a hoarder and he has a 54 foot box trailer full of powder. And he wouldn't even spare a 4 pound can of Retumbo for me! He also has a better bullet selection than midway and cabelas combined. That might be part of he problem!!!

May your OAL vary substantially and you neck tension become fully inconsistent for the foreseeable future. :)

I haven't been able to find H4350 and it's the only powder that I'm running low on.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.