I primed my brass without resizing. Now what?

I removed the micrometer and decapping pin but then the die doesn't size the neck. I hope I am missing something or do I need to just deprime and then neck size and start over?

I do this with no problem what so ever... Just unscrew the retainer at the bottom that holds the de-capping pin. Discard the pin and screw the retainer back on. Just looked at one.

Just done about 20 cases, Using your No 2. I loaded up some loads for a new bullet and they shot like shotgun patterns out of my rifle. Pulled the bullets, removed the powder. Using a RCBS FL die removed the de-capping pin screwed the sizer ball snug, run the cases through the FL die and reloaded them with no problems. If you decide to decap the live primers, I would soak them in oil and junk them.

Bringing an old one back to life rather than making a new thread. Bought my 6mm br dies and 100 rounds of loaded ammo, shot my ammo and measured the neck for my bushing size with redding competition 3 die set, while waiting for my bushing I deprimed all 100 with universal decapping die. Prepped them and primed not thinking about needing to size the necks.

Then my bushing shows up and I was thinking oh yeah I need to neck size but unless I am missing something I can't remove the decapping pin on my competition die and still size my necks. I removed the micrometer and decapping pin but then the die doesn't size the neck. I hope I am missing something or do I need to just deprime and then neck size and start over?
TheFishBox,
The decapping pins in the REDDING COMPETITION NECK DIE are glued in and cannot be removed. You may have to remove the whole stem to neck size if you can. Call Redding , they will help. If its a no go on removing the decap stem and you still want to use the bushing to size your necks. You will have to get a REDDING TYPE S NECK DIE . You can remove the decap pin in those dies and screw the extra thread cover they include over the exposed threads. Other option is cut off the existing decapping pin on the COMP NK DIE you have now to size your necks and order up a replacement decap stem from SINCLAIR for next time. Save the original stem though for any future use.

Has anyone had a primer go off when depriming a live primer? This is the first time I have gotten thus complacent so it is new ground for me. I am planning on just depriming them thru the die and neck sizing at the same time, then throwing thise primers away and chock it up to a couple bucks down the drain and a lesson learned. Eye and ear protection with a little bench cleanup and going slow and I don't think I will have an issue but want to know how many guys have had a primer go off on them doing this.

Has anyone had a primer go off when depriming a live primer? This is the first time I have gotten thus complacent so it is new ground for me. I am planning on just depriming them thru the die and neck sizing at the same time, then throwing thise primers away and chock it up to a couple bucks down the drain and a lesson learned. Eye and ear protection with a little bench cleanup and going slow and I don't think I will have an issue but want to know how many guys have had a primer go off on them doing this.

Never heard of it happening. Doing what you are considering is standard practice for lots of guys.

Never heard of it happening. Doing what you are considering is standard practice for lots of guys.

I remove live primers all the time with my RCBS universal decapper. Always wear glasses when doing this, never had a problem. When doing this, you are pushing the anvil in the primer backwards, so the chance of a detonation is minimal. Just push the primer out slowly. And, I do re-use the primers (cause I am cheap).

Better alternative is - as others say - Remove the decap pin and or the stem and resize the necks.

I would neck size if possible but I have decapped live primers with no issues but only a few dozen. In fact I reloaded the same primers just to see what adverse effects if any there would be.... No change shot great.
Sometimes they will go off when you do that and if there's any open powder around that can cause a problem.

Just remove the decapping pin, resize and keep rolling.

It's not just a rookie mistake either, I know guys who have been doing it for years who will still occasionally catch themselves in the act.

Only downside to the redding competition die set is you can't juat remove the decapping pin like other dies. I really don't want to cut it off either.

Can you not remove the decapping pin from the sizing bushing? Rcbs does in case you bent one. I thought most allow that. Any way if you remove the pin from the bushing then the kneck sizer should work. Just with out the Pin.

Can you not remove the decapping pin from the sizing bushing? Rcbs does in case you bent one. I thought most allow that. Any way if you remove the pin from the bushing then the kneck sizer should work. Just with out the Pin.

Never mind on what i said earlier

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.