I found 6-24 PST's in stock

Tikkamike

I just ordered mine from sport optics, they had enough to fill their back orders and a few extra, so if you are like me and have been searching for a PST6-24 moa/moa go snatch one up while they last!

its up to the individual, FFP is very cool in my opinion, but all of my scopes are SFP thats what I am used to, and its cheaper... If money were no object I would be very inclined to try FFP. and someday I hope to upgrade the scope on my Lapua to an NP-R1 FFP NF scope

Mine came today Mike. Just sitting here playing with it. Looks ike a nice scope for the $$ The turret detents are very nice and I like the way they did the elevation marks to line up in a slot.

Jeff

Mine came today Mike. Just sitting here playing with it. Looks ike a nice scope for the $$ The turret detents are very nice and I like the way they did the elevation marks to line up in a slot.

Jeff

Im excited to dial it out and back in and see how it does. Let me know what you think once you get it on Something

Im excited to dial it out and back in and see how it does. Let me know what you think once you get it on Something

This one is going on a light 338 RUM that belongs to a friend. I am anxious to get it on too but we probably need to install a brake first...:D

Jeff

Jeff
Jeff, i have a new 338 rum as a light weight carry lr rifle and been kicking this scope or the sightron due to the weight. I have a extra nfx but wanted to keep the weight down. Which one would you recomend? I know the sightron has more travel but vortex zero stop and less money. I was shooting today and my buddy had a sightron on his edge and was sure a nice scope. Put it beside my edge with nfx target 1900didnt see a lot of difference nfx was a bit clearer but not 1k worth. Also wanted the better of the 2 for light gathering for that last minute shot.
MIke

Remember, we've discussed 'what the market will bear', concerning retail goods. I'm wondering if Vortex Optics, like all retailers, will, at some point, realize their products are very popular and increase the pricing, comensurate with sales? I hope not.

We saw that with Leupold and Stevens. Leupold optics were actually reasonably priced for value received, up until about 4 years ago and then started climbing. It's almost impossible to make major changes in optics design in a scope, other than refine intrinsic features or provide better glass with better light transmission and color qualities.

The only major innovation that I see, that came along, was the Barret BORS system and that still requires a parent scope that's expensive to begin with plus the BORS system adds lots of weight to an already stout optic.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.