huskemaw or Grey Bull Precision

A buddy was telling me about his mark 4 , was on one of the 338, think it was a edge, 200 rnds,failed, made it to 80 next go. I have a mil/mil dropped $1700 on it, only 10 rnds shot but hope it lasts.Side note I have a vari 3 tact, on 9th year on braked 340 WM, NO problem, hoping for same on M4

Dont think you will have a problem. Something must have been wacky with that MK4. They use those scopes on 50's quite a bit. Or maybe ur buddy just had really bad luck.

May I add my 2 cents here? I have experience with both the Huskemaw and the Greybull Precision scopes. They are both good scopes. From my experience with both, I would buy either scope again in the future.

The Huskemaw turrets track perfectly and return to zero every time as does the Greybull Precision scope.

If there is a negative to each they are; the Huskemaw is made in Japan, at least mine is marked so. I don't mind spending a little more if it were made in the USA. I also find the ranging subtensions more difficult to use BUT this could just be me. Others may have no problem with it.

As for the Greybull scope, Mine does not have a zero stop on the elevation turret that some folks were mentioning earlier. I made my own by putting an O-ring below the turret to fill the gap. it's crude but it seems to work. I should check to see if this space is collecting dirt before it becomes a bigger problem and I should contact Greybull to see if I'm missing something.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.