220gr .338 Caliber Hammer HHT

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
We didn't have this one quite ready yesterday when I posted the 210gr HHT, or I would have posted them together. We now have the 220gr .338 Cal Hammer HHT ready to go. This one will be the heaviest of the 338 HHT's that will feed out of the factory magazine 338 Winchester Magnums. I personally don't see any reason to go with heavier in a 338 wm, they just get slow with heavier and we don't have bullet integrity problems associated with lead core bullet and high velocity impacts. Penetration isn't an issue with close up shots and the higher impact velocity is much more dramatic than heavy slow bullets. This bullet will also be a great choice for the guys running the bigger 338 magnum rifles for up close to long range. Oh, and notice that great tip color! I am leaving next Saturday for Africa and I intend to be the first to harvest an animal with the new Hammer tip color, unless one of you can beat me to it! Hopefully I will have a chance on Monday the 5th to Hammer one.

Looks good! The 267 HHT did very well out of my 338 RUM... I imagine I could push a 250-ish HHT pretty quick. 220 would be a laser!

I meant to ask you if there is an Australian distributor?

Cheers.
You can order directly from our website or you can work through @fordy. He can also hello you with permits if you order directly. Fordy doesn't have these on hand yet but I expect to see another permit from him soon and I'm sure he will have 338's on it.

Recent Posts