Hunting with the Nosler Trophy Grade LR Accubond 190 Grain Results?

KillerBee

I just purchased 5 boxes of the Nosler Trophy Grade LR Accubond in 190 Grain for my 300 Win Mag for $500.00 not cheap!

Was wondering if anyone here has used them in the field on Moose, Elk or Deer yet and if so I would like to hear what you have to say about them?

Thanks!

I just purchased 5 boxes of the Nosler Trophy Grade LR Accubond in 190 Grain for my 300 Win Mag for $500.00 not cheap!

Was wondering if anyone here has used them in the field on Moose, Elk or Deer yet and if so I would like to hear what you have to say about them?

Thanks!
They shot well in both of my 300wm's and terminal performance was pretty well indistinguishable from that of the regular accubond.

The only problem with them is their BC's are highly inflated which you'll see when you start doing drop charts.

They shot well in both of my 300wm's and terminal performance was pretty well indistinguishable from that of the regular accubond.

The only problem with them is their BC's are highly inflated which you'll see when you start doing drop charts.

Wildrose I posted this on another Tread recently.

My scope is a Huskemaw and I had my gunsmith set up my scope and etch the turret for drop compensation. After chronographing the Accubond LR out of my gun, the performance is almost identical to what Nosler advertised.
Here is a direct comparison to what I am getting with the ABLR's v. the advertised velocities and energies:

As advertised on The Nosler Accubond ABLR 190 Grain Box:

200 vel 2583 / energy 2816
400 vel 2314 / energy 2260
600 vel 2062 / energy 1794
800 vel 1826 / energy 1407

Chronographed Nosler Accubond ABLR 190 Grain out of my 300 WM

200 vel 2602.3 / energy 2856.6
400 vel 2302.5 / energy 2236.3
600 vel 2023.0 / energy 1726.2
800 vel 1746.5 / energy 1313.3
900 vel 1644.2 / energy 1140.3
1000 vel 1530.7 / energy 988.4

Our finding is that the performance of these cartridges are very close to what is listed on the box.

Whats the lowest impact velocity you've observed?
Around 1,700fps in both the .300wm and 7mm STW.

In a straight on head's up chest shot from the 300wm at 650 the bullet was recovered in the left ham and had mushroomed to about 2x diameter. Could not have been happier with that.

Should have included that the shot was at about a 20 degree uphill angle, struck the top of the sternum pretty well destroying the lungs and top of the heart.

It tracked almost straight through varying maybe by 5-10 deg.

Sounds like my instincts were good for choosing the Accubond LR Ammo for my new rifle! :)

What type of critter did you slay with that excellent shot WildRose?

Sounds like my instincts were good for choosing the Accubond LR Ammo for my new rifle! :)

What type of critter did you slay with that excellent shot WildRose?
He was a really nice 10pt White Tailed Buck somewhere around 250lbs live wt. Hanging at the locker plant he was still at right around 205lbs gutted but still with legs, hide, head on.

Funny part... . When I hit him I could literally see the impact and his only reaction was that he just kind of "blew up" like an innertube being overinflated outside of the tire.

Then he just wobbled looking around for a few seconds and kind of like a moos fell back on his hauches stone dead with all four legs sticking straight out as he rolled over.

It took long enough that I actually threw another round in just in case but it was obvious when he started tipping over he was stone dead and just hadn't quite yet realized it.

I was told that the deer in Texas are small (guessing not), or was the deer taken in a different state? So I take it that you are giving the Accubond LR a big two thumbs up eh? Got a picture of him?

Here is my biggest to date 206 B&C Gross.

S5deGSal.jpg

YrXsNGfl.jpg

I was told that the deer in Texas are small (guessing not), or was the deer taken in a different state? So I take it that you are giving the Accubond LR a big two thumbs up eh? Got a picture of him?

Here is my biggest to date 206 B&C Gross.

S5deGSal.jpg

YrXsNGfl.jpg
Those are some awfully nice deer.

The size of deer here really varies a lot. You get down into the Hill Country and the deer look pathetically small. They are way overpopulated and lacking good nutrition so a big buck live weight will almost always be under 150lbs.

Up here they have more quality food naturally than you can imagine and relatively cold winters so they eat constantly. They aren't as big as your deer but they are all there.

We are also in an area where there has been a lot of breeding between Mulies and WT's and their offspring tend to have bigger bodies. My 10pt had to be one of them, he had big ears and forks like a Mulie but on a white tail frame and his "white tail" was mostly black.

I probably could have shot the same deer in a mule deer county and tagged it as a mulie without anyone ever questioning it.

WildRose,
I may have missed it but are you reloading these and if so how are you finding the sensitivity to seating depth? They have given me fits in my 30-06.
Gonna try some in my Ruger 300WM but mag length is limited.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.