Nosler long range accubond 30 cal 190 gr - results?

Hbb6601

Has anyone tried the LRA 3O cal 190 gr? I am interested in:

- Accuracy / group size
- velocity
- BC results
How about? Bang flop?

I have already had great luck with the 7mm LRA in a 7WSM!

not to derail the original post,
My question is:
How far off the lands and grooves to get your 7mm to shoot well.
Thank you in advance
John Warych Semper Fi

John
Not trying to be snitty, but you are hijacking the thread. I'd like to hear answers to the original question. You'll have better luck getting your answer on the reloading forum.
Thanks
Martin

John,
Due to my magazine length the 7WSM ended up being 40 thou off the lands and I was worried that it wouldn't shoot but all 4 loads shot good and 2 shot really well.

Alright, anyone got info on these 30 cal 190 long-range accubonds? I have a 30-338 and 300 win mag I would like to try these in. I am looking for some reassurance they work as advertised:D

Thank you for the information. I hope the forum members step up and answer your questions. I will search around and see if I can find any information.

My friend is looking for the same info. He's thinking about trying them in a 300 win mag. I'd like to hear how they expanded also if anyone has recovered a bullet.

Thanks.

Have the 190's even come out yet? If they have, they haven't been out long so I'm guessing that there isn't going to be much information available yet. There is some info on the 210's and a few other caliber's, but I haven't seen anything on the 190's yet as I didn't think they had come out.

They are out and I have some on the way so I will know pretty soon. I have to travel for work but should be able to test some loads in the next 2-3 weeks. Dang I hate it when work gets in the way of having fun!!:D

Took a while to update but I shot 190 ablr today out of a 300 win. They seem to be very consistent but I was surprised with 73 gr H4831SC only 2785 fps. Either way they shot about .5 MOA at 500 yards today, they are very forgiving in the wind as well! I was going to try and bump up the velocity but it shot so well I think I will leave it alone. I got everything dialed in and 6" steal at 200, 300, 400, and 500 with a 12 mph cross wind was a bang ding everytime! Like I said they are very forgiving, this should be a great combination for hunting anything I want!!

So far every ABLR regardless of cal and weight has shot great. They don't seem to be very picky at all.gun):D

Took a while to update but I shot 190 ablr today out of a 300 win. They seem to be very consistent but I was surprised with 73 gr H4831SC only 2785 fps. Either way they shot about .5 MOA at 500 yards today, they are very forgiving in the wind as well! I was going to try and bump up the velocity but it shot so well I think I will leave it alone. I got everything dialed in and 6" steal at 200, 300, 400, and 500 with a 12 mph cross wind was a bang ding everytime! Like I said they are very forgiving, this should be a great combination for hunting anything I want!!

So far every ABLR regardless of cal and weight has shot great. They don't seem to be very picky at all.gun):D
Thanks for posting that. I've got two 300wm's and plan to try the 190's in them, and the 210's in the 300 Rums this fall. I may get some shooting in this summer but it's honestly probably going to be pretty limited.

You bet!

As luck would have it I tried the 215 VLD in my 300 ultra mag a couple months back and had great results. I used CCI 250, Retumbo, seated to magazine length, at about max load and first rattle out of the box had 3 bullets touching at 200 yards. I took it out one more time to make sure it wasn't a fluke and still got a .46" 3 shot group again at 200 yds. I also got similar .5 MOA results at 500 yds. It kicks a fair amount but manageable even without a brake.

Hope you have as good of luck with the 190 ABLR and the 215 VLD both tuned for me extremely quick.

Have you had any more experience with the 190 ABLR? I've had good success with the 200 gr AB in front if 71 gr H4831SC @ 2850 with some 1" groups @ 200 yds when OAL is 3.55" (3.575 to lands) BUT would like to experiment with the 190 ABLR before deciding which to take for elk this fall. The 190 looks better on paper in terms of drop and retained energy especially over 300 yds.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Don

I just ordered some from SPS (190 LRAB blems)

The blems a supposed to be cosmetic only

Loading for my Tikka T3 300WSM.

Factory Nosler ammo w/190 LRAB fired at 2850 fps. Did not check groups, as only doing speed checks that day

I backlog ordered 100 190 ABLR 's from Midway and they are due in tomorrow ... will let you know how they perform.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts