Hunting loads for Tikka T3 260 cal

azjim

Purchased a T3 for the kids to hunt deer with and looking for some loads. Leaning toward 130 and 140 VLD and H4350. I've read a few threads and that seems to always get mentioned. Would like to keep load development time fairly short since I'm using a buddy's bench.
Thx Jim

Purchased a T3 for the kids to hunt deer with and looking for some loads. Leaning toward 130 and 140 VLD and H4350. I've read a few threads and that seems to always get mentioned. Would like to keep load development time fairly short since I'm using a buddy's bench.
Thx Jim

Do you have any H4831SC? My Sako 85 did not care for 130's and I have stuck with 120 and 140's since. H4350 was the first powder I tried and H4831SC was far more accurate in my Sako The 140 VLD is very accurate with H4831SC. Try a few at 41 and see if you can go up from there. I found best accuracy at 43.3.

I have been hunting with the 120TSX and H4350 and its pretty stellar. Is your rifle a 1 in 8 twist? The 120 TSX has been stellar on game to 300 in my 1 in 8 twist Sako.

Check out this .260 Remington

Good Luck and shoot straight

Bob

Thanks for the responses. Please keep them coming.

I've been reading lots of threads and it just shows how different rifles can be. (Kinda like people) Who would think that a rifle that likes 120 and 140 would dislike a 130? Guess it also shows how versatile a 260 can be if it works well with lots of combos.

1 in 8 twist 22 inch barrel Tikka. BTW

My kids hunt is next month and approaching fast. Kinda leaning toward factory ammo and using any spare time scouting. Will look for some 120 gr Fusion and other factory loads. Any suggestions ??
Thx Jim

Thanks for the responses. Please keep them coming.

I've been reading lots of threads and it just shows how different rifles can be. (Kinda like people) Who would think that a rifle that likes 120 and 140 would dislike a 130? Guess it also shows how versatile a 260 can be if it works well with lots of combos.

1 in 8 twist 22 inch barrel Tikka. BTW

My kids hunt is next month and approaching fast. Kinda leaning toward factory ammo and using any spare time scouting. Will look for some 120 gr Fusion and other factory loads. Any suggestions ??
Thx Jim

My worked up load with H-4831sc and 139 gr. Lapua Scenars are with a longer barrel than yours but at 46.0 gr. it shoots very well at 300 yds.My load is;

139 gr. Scenar
46.0 gr. H-4831sc
Lapua case
cci br2
2830 fps./ 1/4" @100
30" Bartlein on Savage Target action.

.........My kids hunt is next month and approaching fast. Kinda leaning toward factory ammo and using any spare time scouting. Will look for some 120 gr Fusion and other factory loads. Any suggestions ??Thx Jim......::.

Try the applied ballistics 130 loaded ammo. Designed around magazine guns, works well in my T3 CTR.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.