howa rifles

I have loaded for 4 howas 2 270'sof which 1 is my own. a 7 mag that wouldn't shoot and a 06 same thing. The 2 that didn't shoot have new laminate stocks and shoot sub 1/2moa mine shoots sub 1/2 moa and the 7mag now shoots 3/4moa. The 06 has been amazing, with 165gamekings and 178 eldx it's ragged holes.
I have mine in a chassis and I gained 1/2# but better balanced and my zero doesn't wonder now that I have figured out the ring situation.
I also opened my action for a 3.7 coal. The bolt stop ground down so it works at the proper length to function. Fo me it was just a scribe line from the magwell of the LSS XL a bridgeport and 10 minutes time. This will be a switch barrel and If I can get a mag bolt face bolt it will be a 300 prc and 270. I had one being put together on a 700 but my smith (dad) is sick so I'll have to wait till he feels better.
One great thing about the Howa is they are usually very good for being straight. Add in they have a flat bottom all the aftermarket features of a custom 700 and they are affordable

I've had a Howa 1500 7mmRemMag and it will do almost anything my .300WM does and it's won't kick you in the face now and then.
I was under the impression that the Vangard and 1500 were on the same production line at the factory

In my useless opinion, the Howa products ought to be top-notch stuff. They are made in Japan, a nation that applies high-technology to everything they manufacture. Why buy a US-made production-run receiver machined to .001 inches when you can buy a Howa machined to .0005 inches-- and at a very attractive price? The Japanese get into the really hi-tech stuff because they love the supreme accuracy of it. American makers avoid the really hi-tech stuff because they do not want to pay the one-time cost to get into that arena. I think we can all see which is the correct way to go...
Couldnt have said it better myself mate👍

Long ago owned (& wish I still had) an S&W branded Howa 1500 varmint in .223 Rem. Assembled a light weight 7.62X39 from a Howa 1500 Mini. In process of assembling a .224 Valkyrie Satern re-barreled Varmint using a Howa 1500 Mini action.
I like them a lot.
Finished it, barrel broken in. Now to find a loading that it likes, hopefully for both heavies and 52/53's.
i-G766Kp3-M.jpg

I too have one Weatherby Vanguard(Howa 1500) that I put medium Palma barrel on,Marksman stock, and tuned up the factory trigger. It is 300 Weatherby and good shooting rifle. I think the Howa' s are also good to use as switch barrel rifle with their built in recoil lug. View attachment 173699
I really like the stock on your rifle. Did it come factory on the rifle or did you buy it aftermarket?

A couple of decades ago I believe they also made the MK V. Anything with an H***** serial number. I have one made in Japan. I believe it was made by Howa. Nice shorting rifle.

Correction: The Japanese MK V was made by Miroku

Here is confidence builder for Howa's. The target shows my regular 100yd cold bore shot verification for my 300 Wby and then a 243 Rem 700. Both shot with same suppressor minutes apart. The 300 Wby is one pictured early part of this thread.
20200822_094238.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.