How to sell and ship a rifle?

Ship My Gun has been great for me with NO issues with UPS.

When it is packaged and ready to ship, you take it to a central UPS outlet. This is not CVS, Walgreens, UPS drop off center, local UPS driver in your neighborhood, etc. This is the business where the big brown truck work out of. If you have it packaged up properly, with the correct shipping label the Ship My Gun furnishes, there will be no problems.

When I shipped out a rifle I sold last month, inside the box are 2 envelopes. One envelope has all the information that the receiving FFL needs on me and the customer purchasing the firearm. The 2nd envelope has an Apple Air Tag. The envelope has instructions for the FFL to drop it in the US mail drop box. The air tag is then returned to me.

For whatever reasons with UPS, your tracking number is not always updated regularly. I've had some shipments to me and from me that show a shipment was prepared and later delivered. It never showed it's tracking history.

Using an air tag with a self address envelope, you can see where ever it is at any time. I disconnect the little noise maker so it's always silent.

Firearms may not be shipped directly to an individual except in the case the firearm was initially shipped to a gunsmith or repair facility from the owner.

Barring any state level restrictions, you can mail a long gun to an individual in the same state. You don't need an FFL for intrastate transfers and USPS will accept the shipment.

"Subject to state, territory, or district regulations, rifles and shotguns may be mailed without restriction when intended for delivery within the same state of mailing."

Legally you could do the same thing with a handgun, but USPS doesn't accept handguns from nonlicensees and UPS and FedEx don't accept any firearms from nonlicensees.

Hey guys, thanks again for the help. I used shipmygun and it was as easy as it gets. I will definitely use them again in the future. 34$ to ship the 13lb package with insurance, pretty darn good.

Hey guys, thanks again for the help. I used shipmygun and it was as easy as it gets. I will definitely use them again in the future. 34$ to ship the 13lb package with insurance, pretty darn good.
I'm trying to use ship my gun also (by the way, it's owned by buds gun shop)
I'm having trouble getting them to add a new ffl holder that's not in their system yet-- its been almost 2 weeks and the ffls info hasn't been added yet. Hopefully it gets worked out as it looks like it will be around $45 to ship 15 pounds with 2k of insurance---- I'm not comfortable shipping a long gun with usps--- my local postoffice has huge "no gun" signs all over the place-- I'm not sure how things would transpire if I walked in the store with a rifle in a box--

technically since the post office is an official government building on government owned property its legally a "gun free zone"--- I don't really want to test my luck