How to ship gunpowder

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I thought is was easier than this. UPS says I need a haz-mat permit to ship (which takes training etc, to get). I thought 'Haz-mat" just meant one pays UPS a fee to ship haz-mat stuff. Anyone else know how I can ship John the gunpowder I just sold him?

send ups ground. not air!!! and don't tell them whats in the box. if u fill guilty bout that put a brass case or 2 in box and if ask just say some brass. pack box very good so they wont want to look in box. even if they look which there not they want no what there looking at anyway.

I believe ABINOK (Adam) found a "legal" way to ship powder. I did not ever inquire as to what it was. His email address is in his profile.

[ QUOTE ]
send ups ground. not air!!! and don't tell them whats in the box. if u fill guilty bout that put a brass case or 2 in box and if ask just say some brass. pack box very good so they wont want to look in box. even if they look which there not they want no what there looking at anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't forget to pack STRIPES when the Feds pick you up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MAYBE reloading supplies, but don't even think about mislabelling explosives after 9-11....for some reason the Feds don't think that it is funny!

If your package gets a reaction from a random dog sniffing they will most likely blow it up and you will wish that you drove it to the destination.

edge.

Len
If you contact him he has a plan worked out to get the powder without shipping it. I belive I know who your talking about

Easiest way to ship a large volume of powder is to find a local vendor who shipps powder and see if they will ship it for you. Local stores that have online storefronts advertising powder usually have a hazmat.
The powder I shipped was shipped through a friend who works at a local shooting supply wholesaler. Ive shipped small volumes of powder through UPS inside large spent cartridge cases. This was a stopgap measure I developed to get some hard to find powders to folks who were badly wanting to try it... A pound of most powders will fit in 25 50 bmg cases... and the package only has to be marked "small arms ammunition" Ive used larger cartridges for larger voumes of powder. 20mm case with the projectile taped on holds well in excess of a half pound of powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts