How to adjust the new Remington 700 X-Mark Pro trigger

Adjust all you want with the factory trigger as long as you understand the consequences associated with it ...

or

go with Jewell or Timney CE and be done with it.

I went with the Timney CE (currently set at 8 oz, too light for hunting and will have to raise it up to maybe 2 lbs later) over the Jewell on my new full custom build and very pleased with it.

Cheers!

^^^This

Well, I have to eat my words. I received my 700LR last weekend and took it to the range to shoot the first 20 rounds through it, breaking in and cleaning the barrel. I will tell you, I would have no problem with the stock trigger for a hunting rifle, none at all. It is a little heavy, but ok for hunting.

I made the mistake of checking out a Timney and talking to some LR shooters. Long story short, I came home and ordered a Calvin Elite straight trigger, factory set at 8oz. It should be the right setup for my 7RM for LR and ERL work.

I will probably go ahead and rework and adjust the stock trigger, getting it down to 2.5lbs or so and either drop it in one of my other 700's or offer it for sale.

I am guessing Remington didn't want to Savagize the 700 like they did with the 783. Kinda sad as every maker out there is building sub 3lb capable blade style units at this point. Sometimes something COMMON in the marketplace is COMMON for a REASON.
I know some people don't like blade style triggers, probably mainly because of WHO brought them to market, however they are a decent solution to the trigger issue.
A standard Accutrigger will go to 3lb, varmint under 2lb and the Red Blade? As low as you want.
They aren't perfect, some don't like them but Remmy could have easily used the design and produced a good trigger for all you Remmy guys.
I am thinking of moving to the 700 action with the proliferation of Remage barrels and 700 stock availability is second to none, with all of the aftermarket support available for the 700 I hope Remmy gets its act together and quits treating its customers like crap. Too many great guns being built right now to take ANY CUSTOMER for granted.
Remington has a great name as Winchester did back in the day, the market will only put up with so much BS and a new company will become the leader.

I made the mistake of checking out a Timney and talking to some LR shooters. Long story short, I came home and ordered a Calvin Elite straight trigger, factory set at 8oz. It should be the right setup for my 7RM for LR and ERL work.

Good man, that's exactly what I have on my full custom .30 Lara ... picked it over Jewell and very pleased with it.

0414161948_zpstkkdyyoy.jpg

I got mine at Timney Rem 700 Calvin Elite W/Safety - Piercision Rifles

A Rem 700 SPS Varmint .243 is on the way.....so, am I destined for another Timney???

Not sure, as the trigger might not be the weak link on this gun to address first....probably the stock. So I might dial the factory trigger down to 2.5lbs and give it a go.

Timney will rescue me if needed.....

Just picked up a 700 Varmit 223 Rem. My RCBS trigger scale goes to 72 oz. (4 1/2 lb.) will not fire the trigger. Feels like about 8 lb. to me. Replaced it with a 700 Rem. Trigger from the my trade box.
This trigger has 2 strips of metal that come down the outside the trigger housing. Never seen on of these before.

Shot my 700 SPS Varmint in 243 two days ago. I had adjusted the screw, so the trigger was as light as it could possibly go. I don't have a trigger scale, but it was like moving a brick on a table with my index finger..... Oh I hate the X-Mark for precision shooting. The second one is being taken off and thrown in the box....and a Timney Elite is on order...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.