Adjusting The X-mark Pro Trigger

Dennis_in_VA

I know that there was a "sticky" on adjusting Remington's new X-Mark Pro trigger.
Anybody here adjusted theirs yet (dumb question here)?
How did ya do it?

Xpro Trigger

Action Out Of Stock Trigger Pointing Up Barrel To Your Left Its The Top Allen Head Adjustment Screwon The Front Of The Trigger Towards The Barrel Turn It Out To Lighten You Will Have To Remove The Glue Applied At Factory To Adjust. Adjusted One For A Friend On A New Sendero It Turned Down To 28oz Made A Perfect Trigger Broke Like Glass Liked It So Much Bought One For My Mountain Rifle (it Had One Of Rem Crappy Triggers Of Years Past. Had To Get My Local Ffl To Order It For Some Stupid Reason. When I Instaled It Could Not Get It To Adjust Below 45oz. This Was Not Wear I Wanted It. Called Rem To Ask, They Said This Trigger Was Not Able To Be Adjusted Below 48oz That My Friends Gun Was A Exception. Bought A New Trigger Spring From A Guy Off Ebay Lightend It To About 38oz. Their New Saftey System Prevents Their Xpro Trigger From Having Thr Full Adjustment Range Of Their Triggers In The Past. But Its Still A Much Better Trigger Then The Previous One's Offered.

I had my gunsmith (Mark Penrod) do a custom 7mm-08 on a Ti Mountain Rifle for me. I bought a Jewell trigger to install but told Mark to put on the X-Mark Pro and smith it to 2#.(not just turning screws) After I got the rifle back, the X-Mark was so smooth I left it on

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.