How not to remove a stuck case

If you have a lathe or access to one you could just chuck it up and try to drill out the part that's stuck. Use an undersized drill bit.
Your idea was what finally got it to pop loose. You can see from the picture why I was having so much trouble....that's all that was left of the case last night when I went to bed...I figure temp change and penetrating oil contributed greatly to it finally letting go.
20201019_165023.jpg

Your idea was what finally got it to pop loose. You can see from the picture why I was having so much trouble....that's all that was left of the case last night when I went to bed...I figure temp change and penetrating oil contributed greatly to it finally letting go.View attachment 220410

What does it look like inside? Any damage? Maybe polish it with some 400 grit polishing compound on a bore mop and an electric drill

What does it look like inside? Any damage? Maybe polish it with some 400 grit polishing compound on a bore mop and an electric drill
All the tools I used in my destruction of the case are HSS to prevent damage to the die, once I got the case out I swabbed with a qtip and it looked completely unharmed, but I went ahead and ran some 600grit Emery with it chucked in the lathe....ran a properly lubed case through, worked great...back in business

All the tools I used in my destruction of the case are HSS to prevent damage to the die, once I got the case out I swabbed with a qtip and it looked completely unharmed, but I went ahead and ran some 600grit Emery with it chucked in the lathe....ran a properly lubed case through, worked great...back in business

All's swell that ends swell.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.