How much trouble getting this to feed?

Darryle

I bought a 26 Nosler that I have lost complete interest in before it ever arrived.

So, short of bailing on the entire setup, I got to looking for potential rebarrel candidates.

How hard would the 7 PRC be to get to feed from a 26 Nosler magazine setup?

It would give me plenty of room.

672C3A27-4634-4FDB-9063-2D0BB1B304D9.jpeg
D5687637-C818-421A-8E0C-28F8B8CE11F5.jpeg
0B057EFF-4201-4A07-B4C9-26BF7FFFC290.jpeg

You could also rechamber to a short mag 6.5 and still use your current barrel. Save you a barrel depending on its profile. Cut off the threads and rechamber. Something like a 6.5 Sherman Max would be idle.

Yes the 7 prc will work in a mag setup for the 26 nosler but it might need a slight tweak of the feed lips.

What magazine is it and what's the internal OAL?

I am running 338 Mega (long neck Improved WSM) in a Sako LA 3.7"+ mag oal. Lots of extra room for coal and no issues.

That is the deal, it's a factory X-Bolt. There's not going to be much tweaking of feed lips.

Apparently I am the only idiot jumping on the 26 Nosler train, it was an impulse purchase and I should have done the deep dig before jumping in feet first.

I need to silence that little devil on the shoulder, he talks me into to many rifles I have no need for.

I actually don't need the 7 PRC, I just happen to have a 8 twist Brux #4 sitting on the shelf begging for me to use it.

I put the package in the classifieds.

The thought of a smoking 6.5mm really had me excited, then I agreed to buy the 6.5-280 Ackley from Zach, that rifle has my full attention.

I think a couple of firings on the amount of brass I received with the rifle and the barrel will be toast. Plus, that gives me time to watch the 7 PRC and see what it is capable of.

I think you'll have issues getting the PRC case to sit properly in feed rails designed for an Ultra mag case.

If you're dead set on dumping the 26 Nosler and building a 7PRC, I would just sell the rifle and build from scratch.

Personally I don't see the advantage to building a custom 7PRC seeing as ammo, brass, die availability isn't good right now and a factory rifle would likely shoot nearly as good for a LOT less money and wait time.

If you grab the x-bolt mag for a 300 win mag or a 7 rem mag it will prob feed fairly easy.

I think you'll have issues getting the PRC case to sit properly in feed rails designed for an Ultra mag case.

If you're dead set on dumping the 26 Nosler and building a 7PRC, I would just sell the rifle and build from scratch.

Personally I don't see the advantage to building a custom 7PRC seeing as ammo, brass, die availability isn't good right now and a factory rifle would likely shoot nearly as good for a LOT less money and wait time.
Browning chambered the 300 PRC in a few different versions of the X-Bolt

I would make someone a deal on a turnkey package or trade for a X-Bolt 6.5 Creedmoor, preferably a Micro Midas

I called Kevin Weaver to see if he wants to tackle this project. I have an 8 twist #4 Brux that is fluted and will finish at 26". I also ordered 2 300 PRC magazines from Midwest.

Now to list the dies and components for the 26 Nosler

Crap Darryle…….burn one out. It will be like lightning struck them until then!!
That's a fact. I shot an Axis doe with my 264WMI last weekend with a 156 EOL at 3350 I've never seen a critter drop that fast and she never even twitched.

I'm having a long throat 26 Nosler reamer built and will set my current barrel back and punch it out to 26 Nosler at some point.