How many rds do you shoot a year?

Where does everyone find the time?! I get about 200 a year. I would LOVE to shoot 2-3000 a year!! Once I'm back home for good maybe my Saturday mornings can be at my local range shooting.

Now that my rifles have a load developed for each of them I reckon I only shoot between 100-220 rounds a year. When components got scarce for reloading, I stopped burning powder to conserve my stock and haven't felt comfortable burning powder yet?

I feel the same way. I feel if I shoot up my supply, I want be able to get any more. Can't get H 4350 now, not that I need it. I am stocked up with everything for years to come the way I shoot.

I typically get to shoot once a week weather permitting. About 8-9 years ago I started a reloading database. The record keeping has been great to have. I checked the summary page this week and I just broke 50,000 reloaded rounds logged in since I started it. :)

I do have a 300 yard range out the back door, but I focus on quality over quantity. A range session is typically under 20 shots per rifle. My highest counts are the one annual prairie dog weekend, I can blow 600 rounds or so then.

I doubt I've ever exceeded 1000-1500 rifle rounds since I quit competing. I'm ok with that, replacing barrels and working up new loads gets old.

I can easily go through 3000-4000 pistol rounds in a year.

I plan to set up a fun steel silhouette course this year. That should up the count.

For three rifles (2-270s & a 338 Terminator) just under a thousand. Used to be nearly double that, but for all shooting. I omitted rim fire and shotgun numbers as they're minimal.

Hard to say, how many rounds I shoot now days, in my younger days several K, but never really counted. I shoot .22 the 500 count thru my bolt actions, lot of 45 acp,which helps me with the 6.5 caliber stuff, working on building the long range stuff with the new 6.5 creedmoore.

bpcr-2000
rifle-1500
pistol-3000
shotgun-500 or so
bow- 1500
I usually try an get to the range once a week if not more, it doesnt matter what i shoot just as long as im shootin!!!

lm only alowed to buy 200 rounds of rifle ammo a year as the goverment laws on rifles are terrible here. not to mention rifle prices are 5x the amount of standard prices ( classic sauer 202 costs 9000 euros..!! ) and have to pay 2000 euros every 4 years for each rifle for there licence. And we are not alowed to buy new barrels for our rifles as the goverment thinks rifles dont have barrel life and any rifle can shoot well over 20 000 bullets without loosing accuracy. so consider how lucky you guys are over there in the USA.

lm only alowed to buy 200 rounds of rifle ammo a year as the goverment laws on rifles are terrible here. not to mention rifle prices are 5x the amount of standard prices ( classic sauer 202 costs 9000 euros..!! ) and have to pay 2000 euros every 4 years for each rifle for there licence. And we are not alowed to buy new barrels for our rifles as the goverment thinks rifles dont have barrel life and any rifle can shoot well over 20 000 bullets without loosing accuracy. so consider how lucky you guys are over there in the USA.
I wish everyone in America could read this post.

Now that I am in long range competition my round count passed 1,000 last year and will likely go near 2,000 this year, making for a barrel change sometime this year, including a few hundred hunting rounds for practice in different positions.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.