How many of you enter shooting competitions?

NRA/CMP style one hand bullseye pistol is much harder than service rifle. I tried to go Double Distinguished with 1911 and ball ammo, blew my shoulder just as I was peaking. There went the box I wasn't able to check off.

Tip my hat to pistol shooters.
Yeah I developed carpal tunnel and tennis elbow in both arms due to shooting the competitions. I never got operated on though and am mostly recovered. I have to be careful how I lift things on carry them for extended time. Or it'll flare up pretty quick. With this component shortage I'll probably go back to pistol shooting more. I need to sell off some rifles to get an updated EDC.

What did you do in the Air Force?
I was 1967-1971, Medic 119th Medevac.

I was in RADAR, Biloxi for school, one year at Cape Lisburne, Alaska. The rest with TAC, Forward Air Control Post. Spent many days, totalling months in the Mojave and Nevada barren landscape controlling the airspace.

Tents and C-rats

Last edited:
I shoot 3 different 22 rifles on silhouette day and sometimes scoped pistol then big bore.i shoot unlimited sniper and team vintage sniper 03-a4 30-06 I run a pistol match and get to shoot combat,service pistol and rim fire pistol out doors shoot 50 yards slow fire and 25yrd timed fire then 25yrd rapid fire and then I clean,load,repeat

I shoot 3 different 22 rifles on silhouette day and sometimes scoped pistol then big bore.i shoot unlimited sniper and team vintage sniper 03-a4 30-06 I run a pistol match and get to shoot combat,service pistol and rim fire pistol out doors shoot 50 yards slow fire and 25yrd timed fire then 25yrd rapid fire and then I clean,load,repeat

Vintage sniper matches are fun, 300 and 600 with the old workhorses

At Salmon River Solutions, as I have started shooting in some competitions, I have started designing and offering some competition orientated parts. Currently we have come out with some Ti bolt knobs, and fore end weights.

We have focused on lightweight hunting products but are happy to be branching out into more shooting applications.

How many of the members here actively shoot in competitions?

I currently shoot in and sponsor a local NRL 22LR league, and am shooting in my first NRL Hunter 22LR match the end of this month. Next year I will shoot in a few normal NRL Hunter matches.

Ken
I do some and would like to do more

I sometimes compete in our club's long range shoots (out to 1,100 yards) shooting at 1 MOA targets that light when hit.
I use a 6.5 CM RUGER Precision Rifle and a 3.5 - 21 x 50 Bushnell Elite LRS scope with an H59 Xmas tree reticle.

Seems I can shoot every bit as well from a mat using a bipod and rear monopod as I can from a bench with adjustable cast iron bench rest support and bag.

At Salmon River Solutions, as I have started shooting in some competitions, I have started designing and offering some competition orientated parts. Currently we have come out with some Ti bolt knobs, and fore end weights.

We have focused on lightweight hunting products but are happy to be branching out into more shooting applications.

How many of the members here actively shoot in competitions?

I currently shoot in and sponsor a local NRL 22LR league, and am shooting in my first NRL Hunter 22LR match the end of this month. Next year I will shoot in a few normal NRL Hunter matches.

Ken
I do when I have time and not working too much, would like to get my daughter she is 14 into some competitions, as she enjoys the 22LR and probably would excel at the air rifle as well, we live in Boulder County and my knowledge of the area is we have to drive to competitions which has put a damper on things.

That was the last time I fired the 1917 Enfield was in one of these matches. I had a great time!

Had to look it up. 2013 Camp Perry, Swede rifle 6.5x55 irons. Those old rifles aren't bad at all.

Screenshot_20220803-131732_Chrome.jpg